General Motors Transmission Technician
South Pointe Chevrolet of Tulsa
South Pointe Chevrolet is part of fast growing Group 1 Automotive , a leader in automotive retail and needs to hire a qualified AUTOMOTIVE TRANSMISSION TECHNICIAN to our team. Group 1 is a Fortune 500 company that offers a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support for its associates. If you’ve got the horsepower to join a fast paced environment and hit our high standards - apply today!
Group 1 owns and operates over 100 automotive dealerships, representing over 30 brands with135 franchises and over 25 collision centers in the United States and in the United Kingdom. The Company sells new and used cars and light trucks; arranges financing, vehicle service and insurance contracts; provides maintenance and repair services; and sells replacement parts.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Efficiently and accurately perform quality repair work in accordance with dealership’s and factory standards.
- Complete system diagnostics along with troubleshooting and testing focusing on transmissions.
- Maintain an organized and neat shop area.
- Road-test vehicle to ensure quality repair work was completed.
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Communicate directly with service advisors regarding the status of the service work as well as the estimated time for completion so that customers can be informed.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company’s Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and vendors.
Requirements (include but are not limited to):
- Two or more years of previous experience as an automotive technician with specialization in transmission repair.
- Automotive technical or trade school degree.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver license in the state that you will work and a good driving record.
- National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification(s) or certification(s) in different specialized areas such as: brakes, electrical/electronic systems or engine performance preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Transmission diagnosis and repair experience required. General Motors transmission certification preferred.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision, Life, Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism and teamwork- now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Group 1 Automotive - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Group 1 Automotive is only one in a group of firms (AutoNation and Penske Automotive Group are the largest) striving to consolidate US auto...