Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
"Technical Perfection and automotive passion" is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer and provide the best in technology, systems and services for automobile makers in every major market on all five continents. If you share our ambition for technical perfection and our passion for all things automotive, Faurecia has a career for you.
"Faurecia, a driving force…for your professional growth."
North American Division
is looking for a Autonomous Production Unit Manager to be based at its
The role of an Autonomous Production Unit (UAP) Manager is to manage the effective operation of the UAP Team, as well as HR issues for team members. The main mission of the role are to:
- Follow production plans, as well as Group standard processes; assure feasibility of production plans.
- Achieve financial targets: prepare and present the UAP budget; manage the actual production costs based on "ideal" costs; maintain product margin, and monitor serial productivity (labor level, material consumption, etc.).
- Manage the UAP team: assure appropriate staffing, maintain working environment according to Group Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) standards , detect and advise training needs, share information (transparency), participate in career management initiatives, etc.
- Serve as official plant representative to the customer: meet established customer specifications concerning cycle time, delivery, quality, quantity and costs; implement preventative and corrective measures in the production process to assure that customer demands are properly met; coordinate with client's quality team to meet all customer standards.
- Implement action plans in order to improve functionality/productivity and to obtain program and Group objectives; make necessary corrective adjustments.
- Participate in the creation of Production System Efficiency (PSE) projects.
- Coordinate resource planning with Industrial Engineering department concerning stocks, equipment, staffing, activities, etc.
- Maintain dashboard indicators/status reports to monitor lead time, supply-chain targets, HSE performance, etc.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with a specialisation in Production
- At least 5 years of production experience
- 3-5 years team management experience
- Operational knowledge of Production methods (Kanban, 5S, Hoshin, TPM, GPAO)
- English required
You might say Faurecia Interior Systems has a deep seated love for the automobile industry. The company, a subsidiary of French auto parts...