Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), an internationally recognized presenter of contemporary performing arts and cinema, seeks Full-Time Auxiliary Technician to oversee the operation and maintenance of the HVAC and plumbing equipment and complete and assist with trade work in the Harvey Theater, BAM Fisher, and other facilities as directed.
• To manage and implement the proactive and reactive maintenance program for all equipment and respond to demand work orders as requested.
• Ensure that BAM campus maintenance, safety and repair services are completed within allocated Personnel Services (PS)/Other than Personnel Services (OTPS) budgets and with minimum interruption and downtime.
• Responsible for maintaining all operating equipment in the Harvey Theater, BAM Fisher, and other auxiliary spaces including but not limited to: Preventive, Corrective, Demand, Scheduled, and Event Support Work Orders
• Complete trade work and assist Building Services Associates in completing various repairs throughout the facility
• Actively assist in the development, implementation, and management of the proactive maintenance program for the respective equipment
• Resolve daily maintenance based complaints and complete requested work in a timely and cost efficient manner
• Conduct daily inspections of BAM campus facilities and equipment to determine the need and extent of service and/or maintenance for all equipment
• Monitor computerized maintenance management systems as well as building management systems
• Assist with long-term equipment needs projections
• Attend BAM campus events, including night and weekend events
• Work with other BAM campus departments to ensure that their events and daily work proceed as smoothly as possible
• Provide the Building Manager and the Director of Building Operations with regular updates
• Supervise service vendors, outside service contractors and work with consultants
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and/or BAM policy
Brooklyn Academy of Music - 22 months ago