Contractor Position: $25/hr 1099 (1 Year + )
The Avaya Telecom and Network Install Tech will be assigned to work at the customer’s location 100% of the time and will be responsible for daily operations, installations, moves, adds and changes both physical and administrative. Technician will support the various systems throughout the enterprise-level communications infrastructure. This will include administration, maintenance, implementation, trouble management / installation and troubleshooting of Avaya systems and adjuncts. This individual will also be responsible for the quality control of the deployed systems. With responsibilities to include:
Supporting Cisco network equipment, rack and stack. Basic configuration.
- Provide daily system health checks and resolution of system and service issues.
- Onsite support for engineered upgrades and modifications.
- Inside wiring troubleshooting and repair.
- Installs and maintains voice network systems and equipment ensures systems meet business needs and objectives.
- Quality control and logistics of communication systems hardware and tracking of repairs (RMA).
- Resolution of voicemail issues and voice mailbox administration.
- Work with regional Bell operating company and other common carriers for resolution of service issues.
- Some light lifting and equipment replacement and relocation.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Administrative responsibilities for move, add, change and deletes.
- Responsible for the administration, operation and maintenance for the following systems:
o Enterprise Avaya Aura Architecture
Avaya CMS 15
Avaya Intuity LX
Avaya Voice Portal IVR
Avaya System/Session Manager
Secure Access Link (SAL)
Avaya server platforms
Avaya IP Phones
TDM, SIP and H.323 endpoints
- Working knowledge regarding the integration of Avaya products.
- Current knowledge of Avaya’s most recent releases
- IEX Management
- Avaya G650, G700, 8730, 8300, ESS
- Avaya experience in configurations and performing MAC. Understanding of LAN/WAN topologies, protocols, cabling and troubleshooting.
- Should be able to manage multiple communications projects while also fielding requests and support from various sources.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and be self-motivated is required.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Should be able to lift moderate weight and have the ability to kneel, bend and twist while installing or testing project deployments.
- Knowledge of copper and fiber cabling standards to include the wiring of patch panels and wall jacks.
- Interface with customers to gather appropriate details for communications designs.
- Understanding of project management methodologies and deployment of communications designs.
- Interface with external contractors during project deployments and system problem resolutions.
- Provide upper level technical support for the field communications technicians.
- Provide technical input on communications contracts and agreements.
- Depending on the project, Domestic travel may be a requirement.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, or Information Technology, or equivalent work experience is required.
Any of the following Certifications are a plus:
- Cisco Certified Voice Associate (CCVA)
- Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS)
- Avaya Certified Specialist (ACS)
- Avaya Certified Associate (ACA)
- Avaya Certified Solutions Specialist (ACSS)
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
- Candidate must successfully pass a background check and drug test prior to issuing a start date.