Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 10,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are seeking an Aviation Buildings Leader for the West Coast market. Candidates must have developed marketing experience and a regional clientele for this type of project. Their background must include project management as well as the engineering design of aviation facilities.
Our extensive search is focused on the pursuit of individuals that can deliver on the promise of expanding our business in the field of aviation and directing multi-disciplinary project teams in the development of innovative designs. This individual must be capable of working effectively in a global organization to collaborate across geographies, leverage a wide variety of technical skills, while holding important values sacred, and inspiring all around to raise the bar of excellence.
For success, this individual must be able to engender confidence with the stakeholders internally, within the industry at large, and with the architects, owners and construction clients that have a need of their services. Therefore they must be able to network with people at many levels and to effectively communicate complex design concepts and commercial strategies. They must be personally grounded in the delivery of excellent work product both at the design and leadership level.
Primary responsibilities will include:
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following requirements:
- Developing plans for the successful Aviation Business in the Western United States.
- Coordinating plans and activities with the Americas Region Aviation Business Leader.
- Directing local office marketing teams in the preparation of proposals and similar activities.
- Participating in external organizations so as to raise the profile of our organization.
- Collaborating with local offices for effective project delivery.
- Pursuing investment funding from internal and external sources.
- Ensuring the delivery of the agreed upon plans.
- Serving as Bid Director, Bid Manager, Project Director and/or Project Manager when such roles are in the best interest of their clients and The Company.
- Maintaining availability to travel when required; an estimated 25% of the time.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
- Extensive experience in marketing and business development, publication and presentation of technical papers, and active participation in professional organizations
- An established clientele or external relationships forming the basis of a clientele.
- Airport design experience
- Superb communication skills with clients
- Ability to communicate and coordinate work within an integrated multidisciplinary team
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the industry
- Engineering degree (Bachelors or Masters)
- Current PE registration, CA PE preferred
- Extensive experience in leading the design for major projects ($100M in construction)
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Arup - 10 months ago
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...