has a great opportunity for an Aviation Sales Underwriter (optional) department at our office located in Frederick, Maryland.
The Aviation Underwriter, under supervision, sells and supports our product to pilots and other aviation customers throughout the United States through phone and internet sales. Primary objective is to assist in achieving growth and profitability goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Qualify prospective clients and explain features of policies offered, determining amount and type of coverage based on analysis of prospect’s circumstances.
- Ensure all sales leads are contacted and production goals are met.
- Satisfy customers with a high quality of service and confidence by responding courteously and accurately to all phone and email inquiries relating to our products.
- Initiate up-selling on all sales calls.
- Collect premiums from policyholders.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients.
- Employ underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and relating manuals to ensure compliance.
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Property & Casualty, Life & Health licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field or the equivalent and/or experience
- Minimum of two years of relevant and progressive professional experience
Other: (optional…could be skills, abilities, etc.)
- Possess and have ability to apply knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, claims reports and procedural manuals
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
Avemco offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.hcc.com for more information about our companies.
HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. - 22 months ago