Hyannis, MA, Full-Time/Year-Round
The Avionics Manager is responsible to the Director of Maintenance for the overall management of the Avionics Department.
- Define and implement additional capabilities within department
- Identify and foster relationships with industry partners
- Maintain all aspects of regulatory compliance within Repair Station environment
- Plan, direct, schedule and define the performance of the Avionics Department
- Create and manage annual budget
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Provide assistance, instruction and supervision to Avionics Technicians in the performance of their duties
- Partner with Director of Maintenance to develop areas of training related to Avionics Technicians including management of training records and Repairmen currency
- Ensure the proper preservation and protection of all avionics articles during maintenance and storage
- Ensure all avionics shop equipment and tools are available and maintained and in good working order
- Ensure that all forms and processes initiated are completed in accordance with instructions located in Appendix A of the Repair Station Manual
- Administer the technical aspects of avionics maintenance
- Create and sustain a working environment for employee group consistent with company culture
- Additional duties as assigned
- 5+ years of Avionics Maintenance and documented leadership experience required
- Must have a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Ultimately looking for a determined, self-motivated individual who works well individually with little or no supervision, and also works well in team environments
- Bench experience preferred
- Previous experience with the following manufacturers preferred: Garmin, S-Tec, Bendix/King, etc.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Above average computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings and schematics
- Ability to wear all required safety equipment; to walk/sit/climb/crawl/twist/bend/gain entry to/work in confined areas; and to work from stands and ladders
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work overtime and weekends, when required
- Must be able to demonstrate the values of our company’s mission/vision: kindness, teamwork and the spirit of MOCHA HAGoTDI!
JOB REFERENCE NUMBER: #2013156
TO APPLY: Please complete our online employment application by clicking HERE .
DEADLINE: Sunday June 23, 2013 (11:59 PM EDT)
Cape Air - 21 months ago
Cape Air has served Island-markets with a focus on leisure travel since 1989 and is experienced with the unique transportation needs of...