Hyannis, MA, Full-Time/Year-Round
This position is responsible to the Avionics Manager for all activities in avionics component repair, installation, and alteration of aircraft and appliances performed within the Repair Station environment.
- Perform avionics line maintenance for fleet aircraft.
- Perform avionics installations and upgrades for fleet aircraft concurrent with scheduled heavy airframe maintenance within MRO facility.
- Perform component levels repairs and re-certifications.
- Ensure the proper preservation and protection of all avionics articles during maintenance and storage; including incoming inspection and life limited parts as outlined in Repair Station Manual.
- Comply with any additional procedures required for air carrier maintenance as outlined in Repair Station Manual.
- Ensure that all forms initiated are completed in accordance with instructions located in Appendix A of the Repair Station Manual.
- Ensure all avionics shop equipment and tools are maintained and in good working order.
- Maintain work station in compliance with safety, fire, regulatory, and security requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned
- 2+ years of documented Avionics Technician experience required.
- Ultimately looking for a determined, self-motivated individual who will work well individually with little or no supervision, who also works well in team environments when necessary
- FCC/GROL certification preferred
- Previous experience with the following manufacturers preferred: Garmin, S-Tec, Bendix/King, Collins, Narco, PS Engineering, NAT and ARC
- Bench experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings and schematics
- Ability to wear all required safety equipment; to walk/sit/climb/crawl/twist/bend/gain entry to/work in confined areas; and to work from stands and ladders
- Must be able to lift at least 70 lbs
- Must be able to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks which include bending, stooping, kneeling and working overhead for long periods of time
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Above average computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work overtime and weekends, when required
- Must exhibit exceptional knowledge of Cape Air and must embody the Cape Air MOCHA HAGoTDI spirit
- Please note this is a safety sensitive position which requires CHRC clearance and DATP enrollment in accordance with the FAA Code of Federal Regulations
JOB REFERENCE NUMBER: #2013158
TO APPLY: To apply please click HERE and complete our online employment application.
Cape Air has served Island-markets with a focus on leisure travel since 1989 and is experienced with the unique transportation needs of...