Avionic Technicians report to the Lead Mechanics and Maintenance Supervisors. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspect, test troubleshoot and repair aircraft communication, navigation, pulse, flight control, voice recorder, flight data recorder, TCAS systems, instrumentation and electrical/electronic accessories and systems.
- Make critical decisions regarding aircraft safety in a timely manner.
- Complete all documentation/paper work in a neat and proficient manner according to Company policies and procedures, as well as per FAR 65.81 and 65.83.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the Lead or Supervisor of Maintenance.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Must hold a valid A&P Certificate.
- One or two years related experience, working under the direct supervision of a senior Avionics Technician.
- Successful completion of line maintenance OJT.
- Must obtain the FCC GROL Certificate within 12 months
- Must hold a valid Driver License.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to ascend/descend ladders, stairs and workstands unassisted.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must be willing to work in an environment that is subject to changing climate conditions and moderate noise levels.
- Must have excellent communication and people skills.
- Must be able to exercise good judgement in a Team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
- Must have problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read and understand Company and Manufacturer Manuals.
- Must be able to perform all line maintenance functions un-supervised at any time.
- Must own and provide a minimum set of tools.
- Maintenance qualified on all ExpressJet fleet types.
- Diversified background experience and knowledge of an airline maintenance environment.
- Associate Degree in Electronics or equivalent technical courses in Avionics/Electornic and /or Military experience.
Express Jet - 18 months ago