General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Mid Level Avionics Technician in our Programs group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for fabricating, modifying, installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining ground, airborne, and electronic equipment such as unmanned aerial vehicles, ground control stations, and ground support equipment in accordance with established technical specifications, engineering instructions, and technical orders and procedures. Performs work involved in routine disassembly, repair, assembly, testing, and maintenance of electrical systems, equipment, and accessories.
Requires travel within and outside the United States, CONUS and OCONUS.
Average 2-4 months per year away from home in 2-month rotation cycles
. Travel to austere locations may be required.
- Operates UAV, ground control stations and ground support equipment at assigned location.
- Constructs individual components of electronic equipment following schematics, layout diagrams, and work instructions. Corrects discrepancies by removal, repair, or replacement of defective or deleted parts of aircraft electrical systems.
- Performs functional checks on existing and newly installed aircraft electrical systems and equipments.
- Operates automatic test equipment to locate, diagnose, and repair defective parts.
- Performs routine inspections on systems and equipment.
- Troubleshoots, tests, and documents findings. Repairs or replaces components based on test results by following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
- Fabricates, upgrades, routes, and installs wiring harnesses.
- Disassembles, assembles, and adjusts electronic equipment. Represents group with team leaders, supply personnel, A&P mechanics, pilots and internal and external customers.
- May provide guidance or training to less experienced staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Other duties as assigned or required.
General Atomics - 6 months ago