Job Category: Services & Consulting
Location: , , US
Job ID: 839706-113661
Division: Services & Support
Are you interested in helping Microsoft drive the next generation of application? Do you enjoy working with some of Microsoft’s largest enterprise customers on show-case solutions and latest technology? Are you interested in joining a technical team that will drive Cloud, Device and Services for Microsoft? If you’re looking for your next big challenge, then look no further. The Azure Modern Apps Center of Excellence (CoE) is looking for a strong Non-UBI Solution Architect to join its global and growing team.
As a team, the Modern Apps CoE is responsible for three primary areas:
As a Solution Architect on the CoE, you’ll spend a good portion of your time in front of customers and will be responsible for helping drive these aforementioned areas as follows:
- Technical Pre-Sales: We help our Services and EPG field accounts to have the necessary technical conversations to help convert customer opportunities to consulting wins. We do this through technical seminars, architectural design sessions with customers, and workshops that enable customers to envision and prepare for their Cloud journey.
- Harvesting IP: We work with a number of Lighthouse customers and harvest the IP (think architectural patterns, best practices, etc.) and reintegrate these into our broader set of Azure MCS IP to help drive the delivery side of our practice.
- Readiness: We help customers, partners and our field ramp on some of the most critical and front-running technologies to help develop Cloud-based Modern Applications. This includes TechReady, public conferences, and customer/partner readiness workshops.
This role has a heavy customer focus with an eye towards evolving our enterprise customers to adopt the Cloud with modern Web sites, Windows 8/Phone Apps, and Office 365 apps to name but a few. Also, key skills you’d want to have include:
- Owning a set of Azure Services or Lighthouse wins (think of a win as helping the field close on an Azure Services opportunity > 200 Hrs.).
- Helping drive a set of core solution offerings into the field and with our customers. These would include, for example, Mobile Work Force, SharePoint & Azure, and Cloud-Based Media Solutions. “Driving” includes taking technical content and having deep, technical conversations with customers through workshops, seminars, and the like.
- Harvesting interesting and relevant IP from an engagement with a customer to integrate into our wider IP pool and to redeliver to the field your learnings at TechReady or other internal/external events.
- Providing regular feedback into the Product Group (engineering) on feature requests to help advance our products and services.
This is a headquarters position, based in Redmond, WA. There can be up to 50% travel with this role. The team is a great and fun team that enjoys challenges, collaboration and seeing our customers succeed.
- Technical prowess and passion-especially for Windows Azure, modern Application design practices and principles.
- Solid solution architecture and light development skills-you’ll need to hold down technical conversations and shouldn’t be afraid to build a demo here or there in the process.
- Be familiar with Cloud, C#/HTML5/JS/.NET at a minimum, architectural design patterns, and Microsoft’s software development life-cycle.
- A can-do attitude that always puts the customer first.
If you find this opportunity to be compelling and can demonstrate your ability to excel as an Azure Modern App COE Solution Architect, we would like to explore the possibilities with you!
Microsoft - 15 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...