Renaissance Palm Springs is a beautiful destination resorts with 410 spacious guest rooms, 155 one and two bedroom suites. DATE Restaurant offers casual dining Modern American and Contemporary California Cuisine (B, L, D) ROCKS Lounge & Bar, featuring a wide array of specialty drinks and cocktails, appetizers, lunch menu and patio service. Poolside dining service. 15 meeting rooms with nearly 30,000 square feet of meeting space, 12,571 square foot Grand Ballroom, divisible into five sections accommodates up to 1,500 for banquets. 24,000 sq. ft. Courtyard with seating capacity with seating capacity for 2,500.
Manage, administer, direct and control the smooth, friendly and efficient operation of the restaurant
and/or room service discipline. Make sure staffing of areas is consistent with volume of business and
needs. Maintain high sanitation standards and ensure compliance with all standards, policies and
Essential Job Functions:
1. Know all emergency procedures (fire, severe weather, bomb threats, guest accident/illness, etc.).
2. Efficiently train all employees in the restaurant on how to perform their job duties to the best of
their abilities. Provide associates with the tools and equipment they need to perform their jobs.
3. Schedule, evaluate and direct all personnel.
4. Keep “open communication” between management and associate.
5. Provide disciplinary action when, and if, necessary.
6. Participate in the following:
a. Monthly department meetings
b. Property M.O.D. Programs
c. Weekly staff meeting
d. Weekly restaurant, room service and lounge meetings
e. Monthly food and supplies inventory
7. Oversee all functions of the Assistant Restaurant Manager and hourly personnel.
8. Take immediate actions on problems that are encountered in the restaurant.
9. Maintain constant control of sanitation levels and operating standards for the restaurant.
10. Responsible for the care, handling and storage of all restaurant equipment placed in his/her care.
11. Responsible for the proper forecasting and payroll controls in the restaurant. Oversee the Assistant Restaurant Manager with schedules.
12. Advise Food and Beverage Director of daily problems and needs and utilize all available resources
to maximize profits.
13. Ensure all paperwork needed for the correct assessment of monies spent daily and product control
(menu tabs, customer counts, drop envelopes, taste panels, daily payroll, schedules,
opening/closing reports) be finished correctly and turned in to Accounting and other departments.
14. Share accountability for achieving cost goals in the area of sales, labor and expenses.
15. Interview and hire personnel when needed.
16. Review and approve all restaurant hires, job transfers, reviews, warning notices, counseling
sessions and termination records.
17. Evaluate staff performance on a 120 day and annual basis.
18. Conduct self to reflect the high standards of professionalism within the organization and hotel.
19. Understand and refer to the applicable Franchise and management company’s Standard
20. Perform cash handling procedures.
21. Circulate through the restaurant to cordially greet and visit with guests during scheduled shift
and specifically during peak hours. Assure prompt and professional service to all guests.
22. Enforce alcohol awareness policy.
1. Assist other department managers as needed.
2. Show guests to their tables and present menus.
Job, Knowledge, Skills and other requirements:
1. Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and
associates so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions, instructions,
information, answer questions and provide service as required.
2. Understand and efficiently operate MICROS system (or registers).
3. Use arithmetic to calculate sales, expense and profit of departments.
4. Stand, sit and walk for varying lengths of time.
5. Efficiently and accurately type on a computer keyboard, operate a calculator, answer/use the
phone, and handle money.
6. Lift and carry approximately thirty (30) to forty (40) pounds.
7. Serve food and beverages as appropriate.
8. Safely and efficiently operate all kitchen equipment.
ZipRecruiter - 17 months ago