DEFINITION: Under general supervision, performs administrative, project management, business process analysis and support for various information technology projects under the direction of the Manager of Project Management Office, Responsible for generating and compiling project plans and documentation for business processes and operational procedures. Performs other duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Coordinates and guides projects throughout their project lifecycle, including systems and processes design. Ensures that projects are completed in accordance with established deadlines, budgets, and standards. Prepares appropriate project and support documentation at project completion. Builds relationships with technical staff, management and end users to determine and resolve issues with systems implementation.
- Takes ownership for a variety of projects and progress several initiatives in parallel.
- Works alongside senior Web Services Team experts to gather business requirements, change management and participate in development and implementation of new solutions or enhancements to existing systems.
- Drives the formulation of business and testing requirements. Be able to conduct a dialog with internal customers in business terms and language, represent and explain IT’s position and translate back into IT requirements.
- Proactively generates and compiles documentation for business processes and operational procedures. Makes recommendations and requirements for improvements.
- Maps current “AS IS” business processes and facilitates workshops to research future “TO BE” processes.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities by identifying and analyzing the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develops strategies for improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college with a bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Computer Science, Communications or a related field. Plus three years of experience as a project manager, business analyst, change management analyst, systems analyst or closely related experience in the analysis of information technology organizations and systems.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining computer information systems. Thorough knowledge of processes, methods and techniques utilized to analyze and evaluate business operations. Thorough knowledge of project management and program planning. Thorough knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office suite of tools including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project. Knowledge of programming concepts and the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Skill in analyzing and evaluating administrative processes for automation.
- Skill in designing and documenting automated processes.
- Skill in application and system programming.
- Skill in the operation of computers and peripheral equipment.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate the feasibility and suitability of information technology projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate the work of a team with the work of other units within the Office of Information Technology.