Broadband Technician I (BBT I)
installations, disconnects and service changes for residential and business customers. These services include, but are not limited to, video service, HSD Services, and home phone service. This role performs basic troubleshooting from the tap to the customer’s electronic devices (TV, DVD, Modem etc.).
- Perform basic installation of all necessary cable wiring (interior and exterior) and hardware from the tap to the customer’s equipment for reception of cable and other company services that are offered for single, multi-family, and/or commercial dwellings.
- Perform all work as necessary to conform to quality control guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in applicable regulations such as: OSHA, FCC AND NEC).
- Perform connects (new connects and reconnects), disconnects (requested and non-pays), upgrades, downgrades, relocates, install additional outlets, and install or remove equipment (i.e. converters).
- Assure proper signal levels and picture quality on all television sets, and clean the premises of all debris and material after installation is complete.
- Monitor and record system, drop, and in-house leakage; properly record all required information on work orders, surveys, referrals, etc.
- Promote cable, internet, and other company services; educate customer on proper use of the service, including how to add additional services, channel lineups, proper equipment usage, and other services that are available.
- 6+ months customer service experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Practical knowledge/experience with computer applications.
- Familiarity with company products and services.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Requires being available for on-call/standby responsibilities and may require occasional travel.
- Demonstrated customer service and sales skills, as well as effective communications skills (verbal and written) for interaction with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
TDS, #504 on the 2014 Fortune® 1000, provides wireless; cable and wireline broadband, TV and voice; and hosted and managed services to...