This position is for our Western/Southern Maine region.
*** Must have mobility to the following locations: Saco, Waterboro, Falmouth, Westbrook, Biddeford, Buxton, South Portland, Portland, Scarborough, Gorham, Standish and Kennebunk Maine ***
Place of residence will be taken into consideration for travel radius.
*** Must have availability to work EVENINGS, WEEKENDS and HOLIDAYS ***
*** This training program is not intended as a guarantee of future positions. The intent of the program is to provide the district with an additional pool of candidates for current and future management needs. It also provides the selected candidate(s) with technical and management skills and the opportunity to practice those skills making them a more qualified candidate for future leadership positions ***
Essential Job Functions:
1. Foster a positive and inclusive environment to retain associates and customers.
2. Ensure the maintenance of the department’s appearance and presentation.
3. Manage department operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
4. Hire, train and develop associates to meet the department needs.
5. Attain departmental financial objectives.
6. Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all Bakery associates as assigned.
7. Role model outstanding friendly customer service.
8. Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment, and follow-up required for the efficient performance of the department.
9. Ensure the maintenance of accurate records of production, shrink, sales and inventory.
10. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
A high school graduate or equivalent preferred. Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred. Desire and ability to lead and manage a team. Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills. Effective interpersonal and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Ability to use technical information to solve problems. Must meet minimum age requirements. Must be accredited by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals or similar accrediting organization as a “Certified Food Safety Manager” or will be required to attend company provided training and have the ability to achieve accreditation within the first 90 days of employment. Accreditation must be maintained while employed in a position requiring accreditation.
1. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
2. Provide recognition of accomplishments and offer constructive counseling when necessary.
3. Ensure department associates are properly trained by certified trainers.
4. Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed as outlined.
5. Develop product knowledge in all areas of the Bakery department.
6. Use RF (Radio Frequency) unit as needed.
7. Retrieve and organize bakery product loads.
8. Assist in effectively ordering and maintaining inventory control to maximize sales and limit shrink issues.
9. Conduct performance appraisals on all department associates according to company standards.
10. Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associates’ personal needs.
11. Understand and use company tools such as; MPP, financial reports, scheduling, ordering and business information systems.
12. Ensure operational and merchandising standard practices are followed to maximize profitability, paying special attention to product rotation.
13. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
14. Observe and ensure compliance with company sanitation, safety, and food safety standards.
15. Understand the causes and means for resolving and limiting shrink.
16. Have total understanding of the department’s standard practice manual.
17. Perform all other duties and projects as assigned by Store Manager.
18. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Please fax job title you are applying for and resume to: Lisa Sullivan at fax # 207.985.9212.
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...