Internships at BAM run 12—20 weeks (timing may vary by department).
Criteria for Participation: To participate in the internship opportunities at BAM, graduate students must be currently enrolled or accepted into a graduate program and undergraduate students must be enrolled in college or university. Recent graduates may apply.
Remuneration: Most internships are paid, however, some are also available for college credit.
Internship Program Itinerary:
- BAM Orientation & Theater Tour – Get to know BAM in-depth.
- Trips to local Cultural Institutions – Behind the scene tour of some of the most recognized arts institutions in the city.
- Learn the fundamentals of working @ NYC Cultural Institutions
- Work & learn with experienced Arts Administration professionals – Learn the ins and outs from some of the best in the field.
- Executive Brown Bag lunches – Have lunch with BAM’s Executive Team and glimpse the future of the organization from their perspective.
- Follow-the-Production – This program tracks the mounting of a presentation at BAM - from artistic selection and budgeting, to load-in and travel visas.
- See BAM performances & films – Gain access to see some of the most coveted shows in town!
- Career counseling and Mentoring
*Information Technology Intern:
*Education and Humanities Intern:
- Assist the IT department in supporting its hardware, software, and end user environment as directed by the IT staff including phone support, network cabling, equipment deployment and basic training of end users
- Reconcile the IT inventory records, update the asset tracking system and assist with hardware disposal
- Perform general office support including copying, faxing, and filing
- Special Requirements: Ability to live up to 40 lbs, knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and pursuing a degree in a IT or a related field (preferred but not required)
- Hours per week: 30 - 40
- Intern will be working on implementing arts-in education programs for K—12 students and families and Artist Talks for adult audiences for the 2013 season.
- Special requirements: intern should have a strong interest education or arts management.
- Hours per week: 20