Guest Service Requirement
Our philosophy at Ameristar Casinos is to proudly deliver a quality customer experience in a fun and friendly atmosphere, while working together to provide our team members with personal and professional growth opportunities. Because of this philosophy, it is critical that all team members understand the importance of excellent guest service. All of our positions, whether corporate, back of house, management, or front of house require a friendly personality and a willingness to interact and provide fun, professional and friendly guest service. Guests are not our only customers; fellow team members are our internal customers as well. By joining the Ameristar team, you are committing yourself to these values and acknowledging your dedication to providing excellent guest service for our guests and our internal team, at all times.
Safety is a core value at Ameristar Casinos. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement of every position. Each Team Member is also expected to be committed to the safety of fellow Team Members and our guests and demonstrate that commitment through daily actions.
Under the direction of the Banquets Manager, the incumbent is responsible for successfully executing the set-up of Banquet Event Orders in accordance with Ameristar’s Guest Service Standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assembles banquet room with proper linen and glassware as directed by the Banquet Manager
- Supplies and replenishes banquet/meeting rooms with clean glassware and fresh water
- Breaks down all banquet/meeting rooms upon conclusion of event
- Returns all equipment to its proper storage area
- Vacuums each room at conclusion of event
- Maintains established cleaning schedule of banquet space
- Prepares tableware for washing
- Collects all soiled pots and washes/restacks cleaned pots on shelves
- Responsible for removal of garbage and refuse
- Mops and sweeps floors
- Washes walls and ceiling tiles
- Cleans and sanitizes all cooking equipment
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies n an ethical manner
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and fluctuating days off
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Basic knowledge of various types of kitchen/banquet equipment
- Basic knowledge of various types of banquet room set-up styles
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 60 pounds and push/pull up to 100 pounds and possess the mobility and dexterity required to meet the demands incumbent to this position.
- Must be able to stand/walk 100% of shift
- Must be able to work within a smoke-filled environment
Required Natural Behaviors
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Required Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous banquets experience preferred
Ameristar Casinos - 30+ days ago
Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago
East Chicago, IN
Hospitality Online, Inc.
- 15 days ago