To serve beverages and/or food to the guests in a friendly, courteous and timely and manner, using standards of service and ensuring guest satisfaction. Prepare beverages for other servers to supply to guests, and act as cashier for the lounge.
- Greet guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks. Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control, using standards of service
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality
- Abide by all Local, State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages
- Input orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest, including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served
- Receive cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all moneys
- Lock up and store all beverage, food and other equipment items, deposit cash drops and secure bank
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- The employee may be expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
- Maintain a safe work environment for co-workers and a safe hotel for guests;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate, verbally, effectively with guests and co-workers; respond to requests
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Cash/credit handling abilities-basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time
- Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests and co-workers
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Star Trac - 16 months ago
- 1 day ago
Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas, Lak
- 1 day ago
DRI - Mystic Dunes Resort
Diamond Resorts International
- 3 days ago