Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Department: BusSvc: Nutrition and BASE
Pay Type: Hourly
Months Per Year: 9
Hours Per Week: 25
Salary Plan: CLS
Min Rate: $ 11.41
Max Rate: $ 16.91
Salary Range Information
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. For further advancement on our classified salary schedule you can do the following:
Work Experience Credit for Placement on Salary Schedule:
Classified employees will be granted one (1) step up to the maximum of five (5) steps for previous work experience(s) in a like position(s), which includes in-district and out-of-district work experience. Work experience credit is based on hours as posted in the Classified Master agreement. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
If the above is done within first (90) calendar days of employment, their salary shall be retroactive to the employees’ current/new position start date.
For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Classified Master agreement that can be found on our district website.
Department Marketing Statement
This position requires an extremely responsible and reliable individual. We require that you are available to work spilt shifts; 6:15 am to 8:00 am and 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm Monday - Friday as well as all day any days that we have full day programs. We also will require that your knowledge of the BASE program is extensive, so that you are comfortable in handling any situation that you may encounter throughout the day with or without the Director on site. A willingness to ask questions and learn will guide whoever is hired on within our program.
SUMMARY: Lead and supervise children in the BASE Program during education and recreational activities and during field trips. Duties include providing direction, guidance and assistance to students; effectively handling student discipline situations; ensuring student safety and security; communicating with parents, staff, teachers and site director; communicating with parents; opening, closing and securing school building; preparing snacks; cleaning classroom areas; recording attendance; assisting sick or injured students; assisting BASE Program site director with supervision of staff; and creating new activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in supervising and monitoring students.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• CPR, First Aid and Universal Precautions Certifications are required within 90 days after entering position. Will be required to take medication administration training as needed.
• Annual continuing education of at least 9 hours related to one or more of the following: child growth and development, health and safe environment, developmentally appropriate practices, guidance, family relationships, cultural and individual diversity, and professionalism.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies and building and department procedures.
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
• Operating knowledge of District telephone and basic kitchen equipment/supplies required within 1 month after entering position.
• Assist BASE Program Site Director with supervising BASE Program Site Aides including assisting with interviewing, hiring and training.
• Responsible for supervising the behavior and well-being of students in the classroom, getting on and off the bus, on recess, etc.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
• This job has no budget responsibilities.
How To Apply
All positions are "Open - Until Filled" unless a specific closing date is listed.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should apply online. When filling out your online application, please include any and all work experience including district experience, please include Job Title and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach a resume please take the time to fill out the online application as well. It is important to have a completed application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for. For directions on completing the online application, please visit the Adams 12 Application Instruction link on the Human Resources website.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
1500 East 128th Avenue
Thornton, CO 80241
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools - 17 months ago