BASEL II Audit Senior Manager, Internal Audit Group-13005708
The Internal Audit Group (IAG) delivers independent and objective assurance services that support management in striking a balance between risk and controls, and help the Board of Directors fulfill its governance responsibilities. The
IAG perform independent process, financial, compliance and technology audits, consistent with professional standards. The IAG also reviews specific operations or processes, at the request of the Audit Committee or Senior Leadership.
implementation plan to confirm that they address all the detailed requirements or modify the projects’ scope accordingly.
- Assist with Audits of The American Express Basel II Implementation and Parallel Run to ensure appropriate integration of Basel II Requirements. Audits are integrated and consider financial, operational, compliance and technology risks.
- Assist with the validation of the Basel II Implementation Process, including Management’s validation procedures, responsibilities, results, timeliness, and responsiveness to findings. review the gaps and projects identified in the
- Participate as a key team member on all Basel II reviews, including reviews of the advanced systems for credit, and operational risk, pillar 2, independent model validation, and data quality and governance
- Design tests to evaluate internal controls and governance around methodologies, data and processes including review of documentation demonstrating regulatory compliance with Basel II Qualification Expectations.
- Execute reviews of the American Express ICAAP framework, including economic capital, capital forecasting, stress testing, capital policy and governance.
- Identify and assess the impact of control deficiencies and present testing results to various levels of client management
- Effectively assist with the handling of larger and more challenging workloads on successive assignments
- Produce excellent results on all audit reviews with proficient use of automated work papers and other department and company tools.
- Ensure effective and efficient execution of audits in conformance with professional and departmental standards, budgets, and timelines
- Maintain internal audit competency through ongoing professional development
- Act as a coach to assisting resources (co-sourced resources).
or related field preferred
- 5+ years in the banking industry within a public accounting, risk management, finance and/or internal audit function.
- BA, BS, or equivalent degree in accounting or finance relevant field, advanced degree in accounting, finance, business,
- Basel II implementation/auditing experience, as per US Basel II Rules (Credit, operational, Pillar 2)
- Experience executing audits or processes involving consumer / commercial – institutional credit risk, operational risk,
to executive and line management on control issues and potential solutions to close control gaps
- Professional certification (CIA, CFSA, CPA, Or Equivalent) preferred
- Proficiency In spreadsheets, dynamic tables and designing queries for large data bases
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions to complex control, financial, or technical issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver high quality, actionable feedback on a variety of complex issues
- Effectively works independently within a team construct, while supporting teamwork and achievement of team
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...