Posting Job Title: BB Technician 1 (Conway, NH)
Requisition #: 144641BR
Posting Location: Center Conway, NH, US
Area of Interest: Construction
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks an Installation/Repair Technician for our Technical Operations Department in
. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Performs field technical work and services customers' problems. Responsibilities include daily organization of service calls, customer relations, and problem solving, and required documentation.
Essential Job Functions:
- To deliver and service cable services to customer home; to analyze, locate and repair any technical field problems as requested by customer repair order To locate and correct system defects occurring in the plant up to and including the line extenders and/or Flex Net Bridger
- Able to perform all duties of an Installer/Repair Technician on cable, Road Runner (High-Speed Data), and Digital Phone (voice over IP) system
- Perform periodic checks of amplifier levels throughout the cable system
- Demonstrates compliance with Time Warner and NCTA customer service standards
- Perform periodic checks of amplifier levels throughout system
- Performs troubleshooting in the field using equipment such as a TDR, Signal Level meter, cable locator, Digital VOM, signal leakage detector, laptop computer, and TV monitor
- Works with customers to resolve service related complaints regarding quality of service
- Insures that all Company property in use is properly utilized and maintained
- Insures timely completion and resolution of all orders assigned and/or proper notification of delays
- Performs general repair as needed and replace old or damaged equipment as required such as service drops, lockboxes, amplifiers, taps and associated hardware
- May perform duties of technical staff when necessary
- Complies with all OSHA and division safety directives
- Climb ladders, towers, and other structures as needed; lifts and carries loads of at least 70 lbs; uses bucket truck as necessary
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners, and wire and uses hand tools
- Participates in Company after hours "on call" program
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a high school education or equivalent, as well as basic electronic or cable television course work
- Successful completion of NCTI Installer Technician course SCTE Installer Certification is desirable
- A+ certification desirable
- This person would need to be able to work flexible hours including Saturdays
- Computer experience and a general aptitude for math preferred
- This position has excellent career advancement opportunities
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic electronic or cable television course work required
- Successful completion of NCTI Installer Technician course
- Valid Driver's License with satisfactory driving record required.
FCC Unit_TWC: 4270
Controlling Establishment ID: 00099 - Conway Eastman
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...