Posting Job Title: BB Technician 1
Requisition #: 146418BR
Posting Location: Syracuse, NY, US
Area of Interest: Construction
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks a BB Technician I for their Technical Operations Department in Syracuse, NY.
Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Responsible for installing one or all of the following at the customer's home or office: cable, high speed data, and digital phone. Equipment installed may include analog or digital systems for video, high-speed data and voice.
Management reserves the right to add, change or revise this job description at any time.
Essential Job Functions:
- Connects, disconnects, adds outlets, and installs customer premise equipment (CPE).
- Downgrades and disconnects cable and related services in subscriber homes by disconnecting coaxial cable from the directional tap for both underground and aerial cable systems. Disconnects splitters and installs service traps.
- Educates customers concerning the use of Time Warner Cable services.
- Understands the concept and process of how cable television service is delivered in order to troubleshoot and repair any problems during installation.
- Troubleshoots and repairs all cable related services and equipment.
- Markets all cable related services to customers in order to maximize sales of company products/services. Keeps good customer service in mind.
- Understands and adheres to Time Warner Cable and Industry Safety standards while performing the job.
- Communicates with Dispatch via two- way radio and telephone to give and receive information when working in the field.
- Reads daily work orders that provide information on subscriber addresses and the services that need to be performed. Routes orders to efficiently perform duties as well as to satisfy the customer. Must be flexible with the original route to meet the demands of the customer.
- Collects required CPE, deposits, installation fees and other required monies.
- Insures that company vehicle is properly stocked.
- Is responsible for all CPE inventory assigned.
- Will be held accountable to complete daily work as established by the department.
- Performs vehicle safety inspection on a weekly basis, and submits reports to supervisor.
- Available for on call duties as required by department schedule.
Education and Experience:
- Requires ability to carry and deploy company issued fiberglass extension ladders.
- Must be able to obtain ladder certification during first month of new employee training.
- Must possess a valid NYS driver's license and safe driving record.
- Must be proficient in using Workforce Management system.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and wear company uniform and I.D. at all times.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively, tactfully and courteously with all customers and employees.
- Must be able to continuously learn and retain knowledge of new services being offered by the company.
- Must possess good manual dexterity. Ability to use small hand tools.
- Requires ability to efficiently assess a job to determine how it should be completed. Ability to determine how to most efficiently and effectively complete work at customer's home.
- Must possess basic math skills and reading comprehension.
- Must understand technology as related to all products offered by Time Warner Cable, Central NY Division.
- Must be available for overtime as required by business operations.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Ability to read street maps.
- Basic computer skills.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate's degree in electronics or related field desired. - Successful completion of cable industry, computer, and technical related coursework.
- Experience in a mechanical/construction/automotive or electronic field is helpful
- Customer service experience in a fast paced, customer oriented environment helpful.
- Frequent lifting of weights up to 95 lbs. Must be able to lift and maneuver ladders.
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle on a frequent basis and while driving must not pose a threat to the safety of others.
- Must meet manufacturer's weight requirements for all equipment used including bucket trucks and ladders.
- Ability to climb 20+ foot telephone poles and work off extension ladders on a frequent basis.
- Frequently utilizes hand tools, including but not limited to small hand tools.
- Frequent use of a two-way radio.
- Ability to work underground or in high places.
- Frequently communicates in person and by telephone. Must be able to use all safety and climbing equipment.
Extensive outside contacts with customers and the general public. Interfaces with other technical systems, personnel, and Dispatch.
Legal or Financial Responsibilities:
Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
FCC Unit_TWC: 1053
Controlling Establishment ID: 00160 - Syracuse Fair Lakes Rd
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 14 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...