Posting Job Title: BC Broadband Tech
Requisition #: 145091BR
Posting Location: Austin, TX, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks a Commercial Broadband Tech for our Tech Ops/Eng Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The purpose of this position is to install, upgrade and disconnect all offered TWC services to commercial subscriber locations in accordance with TWC guidelines and to the customer's satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Installs drop cable from pole (aerial) or pedestal (underground) and interior outlets to commercial subscriber locations and activates Video, HSD and Telephone services following TWC installation procedures.
- Installs and works with coaxial, data and twisted pair phone cables integrating video, data, telephone service into new and existing commercial wiring.
- Installs & troubleshoots analog and digital channel converters, cable modems, wireless gateways, multi-media terminal adapters (telephone service) and properly connects to TVs, computers, surround sound systems, DVD players, VCRs, telephones etc. per TWC procedures.
- Performs comprehensive product and service tutorials to customers per guidelines utilizing documentation and checklists.
- Performs upgrades, downgrades and disconnects of service.
- Utilizes various test equipment (FSM, VOM, Leakage Detector, Toner, brown meter etc.) to troubleshoot and repair problems.
- Utilizes cellular and radio communication to effectively communicate with supervisor, customers and OSC as well as utilize a wireless/paperless work force management device.
- Performs products demonstrations and up-sells services at the time of installation.
- Collects money from subscribers for non-pay or disconnect service.
- Performs system audits to verify unauthorized service connections.
- Maintains appropriate drop plant to conform to FCC mandate, CLI and system performance specifications.
- Recognizes, practices and enforces safety rules and procedures when performing technical tasks.
- Enters material requisitions and coordinates with warehouse for equipment requisition.
- Performs standby duties as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Mechanical aptitude with working knowledge in using various tools and equipment.
- Must also have map reading skills, knowledge of radio procedures, basic math and reasoning skills as well as the ability to communicate via email, two-way radio, and telephone.
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with consumer home electronics such as TVs, HDTVs, VCRs, DVDs and surround sound systems.
- Basic computer user skills such as internet/browser navigation and email usage.
- Must have solid customer service skills, and a professional work appearance. The ability to climb utility poles required.
- Valid Texas driver's license and a good driving record.
- Team player with the ability to also work independently, Problem-Solving skills, Customer-Service Oriented, Excellent Communication skills a must.
- Lifting and carrying up to 65 pounds, digging, crawling, stooping and standing. Climbing on ladders, telephone poles and/or towers. Works outside throughout the year in a variety of weather conditions, which may be extremely hot or extremely cold. May drive for long periods of time.
- Experience in CATV, telecommunications or electronics preferred.
- NCTI, SCTE or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of installing and troubleshooting computer hardware, software, and peripherals preferred.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or zero to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
FCC Unit_TWC: 1221
Controlling Establishment ID: 00009 - Austin 12012 MoPac
Time Warner Cable - 23 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...