Posting Job Title: BC Fiber Services Tech I
Requisition #: 145160BR
Posting Location: Richardson, TX, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks a Business Class Fiber Services Tech I for our Tech Ops Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Business Class Fiber Services Technician I is a technical position that requires a strong familiarity basic networking and telecommunications concepts. This position is responsible for supporting all product offerings within the Business Class suite, and providing superior technical support to ensure a positive customer experience at all times.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs Installs, Service Calls, Disconnects, Move's, -Adds and Changes of Business Class Fiber Services Accounts
- Install/Service METRO Ethernet circuits and equipment
- Install/Service Cell Tower Backhaul circuits and equipment
- Install/Service PRI circuits and equipment
- Utilizes various test equipment to troubleshoot and repair problems.
- Utilizes cellular and email communication to effectively communicate with supervisor, customers and OSC
- Assists with Installs, Service Calls, Disconnects, Move's, -Adds and Changes of the CORE networks and special projects as assigned
- Performs PM procedures on Cell Tower, HUB and Collocation/POP sites as necessary
- Performs necessary update/verification of Trouble Ticket, Circuit Order Database (DLR/CLR) and workflow systems.
- Attends weekly safety and training meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or zero to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Applicants should have 1+ years of related field experience. Applicants should possess a basic understanding of network protocols and topology, enterprise networking, and fiber as well as a solid understanding of telephony. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and a mechanical aptitude with working knowledge in using various tools and equipment. Must also have map reading skills, basic math and reasoning skills as well as the ability to communicate via email, and telephone. Basic knowledge and familiarity with TDM, SONET, Ethernet and OTDR test equipment as well as Volt/Ohm and Optical Power meters. Basic computer user skills such as internet/browser navigation and email usage. Must have solid customer service skills, and a professional work appearance.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations, etc., used to perform the essential functions of this position:
Valid State driver's license and a good driving record.
Experience in Enterprise Networking, telecommunications or electronics preferred. CCNA or equivalent certifications preferred. Knowledge of installing and troubleshooting layer1/2 optical equipment, network hardware, and peripherals preferred.
Other skills and abilities including those specific to locale:
Technical Ability, Team player with the ability to also work independently, Problem-Solving skills, Customer-Service Oriented, Excellent Communication skills a must. Has extensive contact with technical and office personnel, customers and general public. Lifting and carrying up to 65 pounds, digging, crawling, stooping and standing. Climbing on ladders. Works outside throughout the year in a variety of weather conditions, which may be extremely hot or extremely cold. Must be able to distinguish and identify various colors, which identify various wiring and cabling required for installations. May drive for long periods of time.
Materials and Equipment used:
Various hand tools, test equipment, company truck/van, workforce management device (i.e. C-Cor or Tough Book), cellular phone, PRI gateways/routers, layer 2 switches and a variety of other equipment associated with the installation and servicing of TWC customers.
FCC Unit_TWC: 11551
Controlling Establishment ID: 00505 - Richardson
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...