If you are a BCBA or are currently sitting your boards, and giving consideration to the next step in your career: we have over 300 days of sunshine a year, fantastic skiing, and great opportunities for hiking and other summer activities right at your doorstep. Professionally, Colorado is now a great place to build your career as a BCBA. The passing of the Health Insurance Mandated Autism Treatment Act (HIMAT) in July of 2010 means that funding is finally accessible to many children with autism in this state. We are looking for more BCBAs to join our outreach team at Firefly Autism. This position is a product of Firefly’s expansion into the western slope and would be based in beautiful Grand Junction, Colorado.
With several BCBA/BCaBA clinicians, our outreach, early childhood and school age center-based programs are highly regarded. Our early childhood leaders are credentialed in direct delivery of the Early Start Denver Model. In the research, the ESDM increased IQ by 18 points in two years. We are producing outcome measures on our treatment and can show a 70% decrease in aggression in one program and a significant increase in learning and mastery of IEP goals in another.
Firefly Autism is seeking a Board Certified Behavior Analyst to work as a Consultant in our Outreach expansion in the Grand Junction, Colorado area. This position entails working closely with the Clinical Director and outreach team based in Denver. We are committed to providing extensive supervision and support as we expand the reach of Firefly’s quality behavior analytic services and workplace culture.
This position involves overseeing all aspects of programming for students diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other related disorders, ages 18 months-18 years including the details as outlined above. Grand Junction is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise with the awe-inspiring natural beauty of its mesas and a dramatic red rock landscape. There are exhilarating outdoor adventures and stunning golf courses, peaceful places to reflect and unwind and a charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, galleries and more. Grand Junction is also known as Colorado's Wine Country.
Part time BCBA positions in Denver are also available.
- Professional certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Master's degree, preferably in special education, applied behavior analysis, or psychology
- Completion of coursework in Applied Behavior Analysis at the university level
- At least one year experience working as an outreach consultant in the autism or developmental disability field
- At least three years experience in supervisory capacity working with children across the autism spectrum at the preschool to high school level
- Experience conducting preference assessments, skills assessments and functional behavior assessments
- Experience in goal development and report writing
- Commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package including paid time off and vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for employees working over 30 hours per week
- Flex spending accounts
- Flexible work days and time; ability to work from home and the center when seeing clients
- Potential for career advancement
- Compensation for drive time
- Compensation for mileage
- Compensation for training time
- Access to a multidisciplinary team
- Working with a team of highly experienced autism professionals and part of a clinical support system with a number of people who have transferred to Colorado
- Opportunities to participate in Research projects and present at conferences
- Firefly Autism handles the billing and administrative interfacing with clients and agencies
Interested parties should download the employee application from the upper-right corner of this page and send a complete copy, along with a cover letter and resume to HR@fireflyautism.org .
Firefly Autism - 7 months ago
We offer a variety of services to meet the dynamic needs of the autism community, which we know is an incredibly diverse group. What all our...