Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
Data is critical to the success of any retail organization, and at PetSmart, it is the lifeblood that drives value by providing the information to make strategic business decisions and process improvements.
The Business Intelligence Business Analyst is responsible for collaborating with the various PetSmart business areas to analyze and design sustainable BI solutions to meet business needs and add significant business value. The individual will then guide the build, test and deployment of the solution to ensure it meets the business requirements.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with the business leaders to understand the needs, formulate requirements, identify options and recommend reporting solutions for highly complex business processes. Influences the creation of the roadmaps and strategies.
• Works with senior management, resolving difficult, complex problems that can affect the company as a whole. Anticipates problems in advance, and anticipates human reaction and impact of solutions.
• Champion efforts to ensure appropriate requirements gathering and documentation. Seek to understand the business processes and problems; offer solutions based on leveraging the process, the data flow and the use of Business Intelligence.
• Perform analysis and design of the business requirements to deliver a sustainable solution balancing development cost and business value.
• Work on multiple concurrent projects, meet business expectations, influence outcomes and maintain stated timelines.
• Develop conceptual and logical relational data models using advanced data modeling concepts to solve business requirements. Demonstrate strong data modeling knowledge.
• Guides the build, test and deployment reporting solutions using MicroStrategy.
• Develop talent of internal staff and contractors in the best practices for the PetSmart Platform. Motivates others to action and handles conflict resolution in difficult situations, requiring tact and diplomacy using written and verbal skills.
• BA/BS Degree in IT, MIS or business related functional discipline.
• Minimum 5 years hands on business intelligence
• Working knowledge of data warehousing architectures and terminology.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand key business processes and related issues.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to lead project teams consisting of internal staff, partners, and contractors.
• Ability to develop successful relationships with external and internal partners.
• MicroStrategy experience a must, MicroStrategy certification preferred
• Experience using the tools in the PetSmart Business Intelligence platform (Netezza, Oracle, SQL Server, Informatica and TIBCO) is a plus. Experience with other similar tool sets can be substituted.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...