Posting Job Title: BI Data Analyst
Requisition #: 148883BR
Posting Location: Syracuse, NY, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a/an Business Intelligence Data Analyst for our Technology Business Operations group that is a department of TWC's Technology and Network Operations organization . Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Data Analyst will be responsible for the development and production of regularly scheduled and ad hoc data extracts and reports in support of network capacity planning. This position will serve as a subject-matter-expert in understanding the structure of subscriber data and bandwidth demands from various sources and will be skilled in the use of data extraction and reporting tools to gather data and transform it into meaningful and useful information. Additionally, the BI Data Analyst will be responsible for working with business partners across multiple operating teams to gather requirements for report design, development, and report production scheduling. The Analyst will also be responsible for the consistency and integrity of reporting data. The BI Data Analyst routinely interacts with key personnel (up to and including Executive Management) to meet the Technology Business Operations Capacity Planning reporting and data presentation objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collects, processes, and analyzes historical data derived from disaggregated sources such as network usage tools and customer databases
- Ensures the overall efficiency of reporting across business units; continually reviews quality and ensures data integrity for all presentations
- Works closely with data owners and other data modelers to identify the appropriate sources of data for a proposed application, report , or data warehousing extension
- Interviews business users to obtain data requirements for analytic applications
- Works with data stewards to evaluate the condition of those data sources; prioritize the data sources; and define appropriate improvements in reporting
- Ability to prepare "what if" scenarios using historical data to characterize future behavior or consumption
- Assumes ownership of one or more data elements and is the central contact point in the organization in terms of reporting for information about the origins and revisions to those data elements; responsible for the accuracy of the data in these elements, both within operational applications and in downstream data warehouses and reports
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and aggregate large amounts of information; derive strategic trends and insights for thoughtful, articulate point-of-views and executive-level presentations.
- Know how to find and describe structural patterns in data
- Knowledgeable in programming methodology, computer software, report generation methods, data communication and transaction based processing
- Experience in relational database technologies and data modeling tools (Access, SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle). Proficient in SQL.
- Above average skills with software tools to aid with presenting information including Excel, Power Point, Word and Visio.
- Prepare and present quantitative information in a professional format that is easy to interpret.
- Understand analytical metrics and apply mathematics to business problems
- Solid work ethic and "self-starter" attitude
- Able to work independently with little direction
Education and Experience:
- Familiarity with broadband networks, content delivery networks, or wireless networks a plus
- MSO or Telco experience preferred
- Excellent data analyst skills, problem solving skills attention to detail and focus on data accuracy
- Extremely organized and possess strong presentation skills
- Experience with gathering and charting technical requirements
- Excellent planning, coordination skills
- Effectively manage complex and lengthy assignments involving multiple contributors in an organization of comparable size and scope
- Familiar with using SharePoint 2010 and creating Lists and Libraries
- Associates degree with an information technology focus preferred
- Minimum of 2 years data analyst experience required
- 3+ yrs in depth experience using Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Minimal-less than 10%
The physical demands for this position are typical to an office environment and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FCC Unit_TWC: 1053
Controlling Establishment ID: 00247 - Syracuse Court St Rd
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 30+ days ago
National Grid USA Services Company Inc
- 3 hours ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...