The systems developer will design and develop reports and dashboards that provide management with actionable information. This role is able to translate reporting requirements into meaningful visualizations containing metrics and dimensions extracted from the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW). The systems developer collaborates with business analysts and users to continually provide support. This role assists the team on a road map for the reporting portal, streamlining security, and providing self-service reporting capabilities.
- Develops and tests dashboards and reports using the Microsoft BI tool stack. Collaborates with users and IT on detailed reporting requirements and data reconciliation.
- Works with senior systems analyst to evaluate BI tool capabilities and recommends the appropriate tool for report delivery.
- Designs and manages the reporting tools and applications environments, including tabular data models and SharePoint.
- Provides technical documentation including support and launch documentation.
- Recommends and follows design and development standards.
- Implements report security based on business requirements.
- Creates and delivers end-user documentation and training.
- Work with IT and business users to resolve production support issues by performing thorough analysis and code fixes.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferable in information technology or related field.
- 2+ years developing reports and dashboards using BI tools. 1+ years experience preferred using the Microsoft SQL Server Platform for reporting including SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Performance Point, Power Pivot, Power View, and SharePoint 2010.
- 2+ years writing and troubleshooting SQL code.
- Working knowledge of source and target data structures, ETL processes, dimensional modeling and data warehousing.
- Building reports using multi-dimensional cube (OLAP) data and cube development experience is a plus.
- Building tabular data models using DAX expressions is a plus.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable in a high-energy, fast-paced, and collaborative work environment.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...