Founded in 1989, BCS Systems has been at the forefront the content management industry, providing comprehensive workflow, document and content management strategies and the tools needed to maximize our clients' return on investment. Our solutions span many industries and applications, including healthcare, financial services, energy, and local, state and federal government. We are a recognized leader in document management and workflow, product development and integration and continue to expand our customer base as a result of strong demand for our products and services.
BI Report Analyst / Engineer
In this analytical role, we will rely on your participation as a team member to help build BI and reporting solutions integrated with our flagship products, and for direct use by our customers. You will use tools such as SAP Crystal Reports, SAP Business Objects, Cognos, JReports, and others to implement reports, dashboards and performance metrics. Utilizing your strong skills in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database technologies, you will be charged with producing results using T-SQL, when required. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Director of Engineering and the Director of Professional Services to ensure quality deliverables to both internal and external customers, which meet requirements.
- Develop functional and visual prototypes with the business to define requirements.
- Mentor business users in BI report navigation, interactions and usage.
- Participate in estimating task effort and duration.
- Customize tools and data sets for use by different types of data consumers.
- Develop and conduct unit test plans.
- Collaborate with project teams to monitor, communicate and troubleshoot issues with data integrity, data design, and functional and technical software issues.
- Participate in the refinement of dimensional models required to support specific business user needs.
- Develop and implement tools or applications for accessing and analyzing data and metadata.
- Offer creative suggestions for alternative designs and methods and demonstrate ability to solve complex problems.
- Leverage analysis skills working with internal consultants by asking focused questions to pinpoint areas for improvement.
- Apply solid software engineering techniques and leverage knowledge of object-oriented, web-based design/development integrating BCS solutions with industry products.
- Provide assistance to other developers where required to ensure successful project completion on time and within budget.
- Participate in product development discussions with Director of Engineering, Lead Software Architect and other members of the management team.
- Work closely with the professional services staff to deliver high quality implementations.
We value our employees time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation package, commensurate on experience, and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
As our ideal candidate, you must possess a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related experience, be self-motivated and interested in continued development of your technical skills. We require candidates to be U.S. Citizens or a Green Card holders and possess experience with the following skills and/or technologies:
- 3+ years experience with BI.
- 2-3 years experience with SQL/Oracle.
- Experience developing report and dashboard business solutions based on industry standard tools.
- Experience developing reporting, metrics and BI dashboards using various platforms and technologies, including T-SQL, Crystal Reports, LogiXML, and JReports.
- Development experience producing ETL tools using Java, Hibernate, and Struts.
- Experience in databases including MSSQL and Oracle. Experience using T-SQL.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer relations skills with a proven ability to discuss and present technical concepts to persons with varied backgrounds.
- Background in analytics, as well as data visualization techniques and concepts for executive dashboards. Self-starter with the ability to work within a team or independently.
- Experience working directly with customers, performing in depth analysis of business processes and database design, with the objective of producing meaningful report data.
- Ability to produce clear, well organized documentation.
- Working knowledge of ECM and BPM products preferred.
CareerBuilder - 12 months ago
BCS Systems offers a complete set of planning, design, and implementation services for building successful Enterprise Content Management...