Right now, We’re looking for a super smart and inquisitive SQL Business Intelligence Analyst to support our insatiable demand for data and analysis in all areas of our business. As a member of our growing Business Intelligence team, you will have direct interaction with marketing, finance, partner and dealer management teams to deliver critical insights from our different systems and programs. You might assess pricing or dealer locations and their impact on customer behavior, or inventory levels and close rate trends, or specific partner marketing initiatives’ ROI. You will work closely with our MicroStrategy, Data Warehouse and Advanced Analytics teams with plenty of opportunity to learn new skills and technologies from those around you.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand business objectives and identify useful data sources and analyses in order to reliably and accurately answers to important questions
- Provide ad hoc analyses and reports for internal customers, especially C-level and PR requests
- Generate regularly scheduled reports and visualizations to support analyses and discovery
- Assist in data generation/validation as needed for company dashboards and reporting
- Support financial analysts with forecasting efforts by providing operating statistics as needed
- Support core BI Technology leadership and SQL developers and/or analysts as needed to improve the overall quality, completeness and usage of the TrueCar business intelligence system
- Assess and recommend analytics tools as needed (e.g. Hadoop and/or data mining tools)
Great People Deserve Great Benefits: Yes, we’re on a mission to reinvent how cars are bought and sold. And yes, we know our employees fuel our success. So we put a premium on the best talent and reward our people with a highly competitive salary and a wealth of amazing benefits -- including company equity, 100% paid family medical, dental, vision, and a healthy 401(k). We’ll also throw in gym memberships, 12 holidays, career training, three weeks PTO and much more. All in the name of attracting the brightest and keeping the best.
- 3-5 years of workplace analytics experience
- SQL query expertise required; SQL development skills a plus
- BA, BS, or MBA, preferably with coursework in quantitative or analytical discipline (e.g. statistics, mathematics, economics)
- Strong logical thinking and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau or similar)
- Expert Excel data manipulation, good presentation and communication skill and PowerPoint presentation
A Word About Our Culture: Our new ocean-side corporate offices in Santa Monica symbolize the best of ‘Silicon Beach’ and the direction we’re headed to as a company. We work hard and play hard – and are led by a world-class executive team who want to make a difference. Invention and open collaboration are highly valued, and we encourage innovative thinking that drives great ideas across the entire organization. We utilize the latest web technologies to solve challenging problems, create powerful web applications from the ground up, and work hard to provide an outrageously good experience for both our customers and the people who work here. If this sounds like the kind of place where you want to spend your valued time, then check us out at TrueCar.com. We want to hear from you.
Make the Connection: Send us your resume, cover letter, and links to some of your greatest projects. We’ll be in touch.