We are seeking a Data warehouse and BI Architect to support the company’s growth, strategic plans and initiatives by providing data warehousing and BI expertise, technical skills and leadership for both our internal and external customers. This individual will play a key role in helping define and drive our BI vision for the future.
The Data warehouse and BI Architect will focus on architecting and developing a high performance Business Intelligence platform and also drive and own the data modeling efforts for the Enterprise Data Warehouse and associated data marts. This role includes hands-on coding, strategic roadmap input, and is held accountable for implementing key milestones within the technology roadmap.
The right individual will have strong customer service and communication skills, as well as being skilled at creative problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques. The candidate will have ETL and data warehousing development experience with a solid background in data modeling. Practical experience operating within a 24x7 production environment where Development and Operational areas work closely with one another is another must have.
To excel in this critical role, the successful candidate must possess, as demonstrated by career accomplishments and experience the following competencies:
- Deep functional and technical skills as described herein
- Ability to drive a business-aligned IT strategy
- Results orientation focus
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Leadership (management, development, motivation) of individuals and teams
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to work and influence more senior levels of the organization across functional groups
- Able to thrive in a fast paced and ambiguous environment with conflicting priorities
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring infrastructure and application integrity, optimal performance and maximum service availability by designing and implementing a combination of development and operational toolsets. The candidate will also need to identify problems and inefficiencies in the current environment and making strategic recommendations for future improvements.
As part of small team of technical experts, the candidate will act in a liaison capacity with other departments, divisions, and organizations. The candidate will make recommendations having significant impact on the technical aspects of projects and programs. The candidate also plans, conducts, and supervises technical assignments or acts as the technical lead on an assignment. The candidate identifies and researches problems to determine better utilization of infrastructure resources & the impact on day to day production data build cycles.
The candidate must take responsibility for a task and driving it to completion. The candidate manages time and shifting priorities effectively and maintains a positive attitude in the face of varying and sometimes conflicting business requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Mathematics or related field
- 5 or more years of experience with BI technologies (data warehousing, ETL development, modeling and front end BI Tools)
- 5 or more years of experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle
- 3 or more years of experience in IT support/operations and system administration
- 2 or more years of front BI Tools experience in, schema development, report development, modeling and architecture.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Waterfall, Iterative and Agile Development Methodologies
- Experience implementing solutions with Microsoft technologies (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Experience with Netezza
- Experience with Enterprise Architect/Erwin
- BI mindset
Bluestem Brands, Inc. - 23 months ago
Bluestem Brands is proud to be named to Star Tribune's Top Workplaces 2013.
Bluestem Brands, Inc., headquartered in suburban Minneapolis,...