The Marketing Representative is responsible for maintaining a positive business relationship, must have exceptional customer service skills, and follow through with all storeowners, buyers, store managers, department managers, and key personnel in assigned stores. In addition to maintaining existing business, will prospect for new business and sell booking sheets.
Essential Functions of the Job Functions:
• Maintain positive business relationship with all storeowners, buyers, store managers, department managers, and key personnel in assigned stores
• Weekly reports must be turned in documenting retail store visits and findings according to policy.
• Maintain headquarters visit every four weeks, or as needed / requested
• Maintain existing business, prospect for new business and sell booking sheets
• Contact retail stores regarding special promotions
• Collect seasonal merchandise orders from stores in assigned territory
• Special projects or other duties as assigned.
• Attend and participate in GSC Retailer Shows to include inviting retailers to attend and being present and available to help as requested.
• Maintain retail store visit frequency at a minimum of every six weeks and not more than every four weeks, except as instructed by supervisor / manager.
• When visiting retail stores, the marketing representative will review areas assigned by the supervisor and ensure that products are rotated as required, voids are distributed according to policy, and any missing shelf tags are replaced.
• Communicate effectively with all employment levels including Executive Officers
• Research market prices to include retail competitor price checks
• Assist in new store openings or major resets in assigned territory, as requested.
• Attend / Work resets in territory as requested.
• Wholesale or Retail grocery experience
• Ability to manage large groups of customer accounts
• Must be able to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and complete projects in a timely manner
• Extensive product knowledge
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Excellent organizational skills and follow through
• Strong computer skills
• Strong analytical skills and decision making capability
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to travel, in and out of town, up to 50% of the time and may include overnight or extended visits to assigned regions
• Valid Driver’s License and Liability Insurance with extended limits
Liability Insurance Requirement:
o You are required to carry $500,000 single limit coverage, but we will accept $100,000/$300,000/$50,000 limits on the policy, if the single limit coverage is not available.
• Ability to drive a van for business purposes
• Have and maintain a clear driving record
• Ability to use power tools as needed for business purposes such as shelf resets
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bilingual – English / Spanish
The Grocers Supply Co., Inc. - 22 months ago