Assistant to the Business Office Manager with primary responsibilities for filing, posting of Cash Receipts and Ancillary Charges, and other clerical functions as assigned. Cross training back up for Business Office Manager functions to cover as needed.
As a member of our care partner team, you are joining a group of dedicated people who:
- Are committed to creating an environment that promotes the well-being of all, fights to eliminate loneliness, helplessness and boredom, and where decisions are made by those who live here or those closest to them.
- Believe in the value of person-directed care. This is why we have chosen to weave the Eden Alternative Philosophy and Principles deeply within our organization.
- Are a community where becoming well-known and developing close and caring relationships matter.
- An interdisciplinary effort to achieve a successful integration of quality of life and quality of care processes.
- The Eden Alternative Philosophy and Principles are embraced to ensure that each person’s life can fully be enhanced.
- Aligns actions and decisions with our mission and vision.
- Keeps the Elders’ preferences and needs at the center of all your decisions, conversations, and actions.
- Works with the team to identify Elders strengths, preferences, life goals, and simple pleasures, and then bring them to life for each elder.
- Being an effective advocate for the Elder and helping them achieve the highest practicable physical, mental and spiritual well-being possible.
- Assists with daily life within the neighborhood in a variety of ways such as helping with fun events, serving meals, spontaneous activities, assisting Elders, leading Learning Circles, and fulfilling daily pleasures.
- Educating, advocating and supporting our culture change efforts which include plants and animals.
- Creating an atmosphere that is welcoming, relaxed, and relationship-driven, where everyone feels at home.
- Participate in educational offerings that strengthen your personal and professional skills as required.
As a member of our care partner team your roles will include:
Specific job duties items
- Growing friendships.
- Understanding the Domains of Well-Being and working with the team to bring them to life daily.
- Being trustworthy.
- Be open and available for people to approach when they have concerns or complaints.
- Provide timely feedback, data, and education to other care partners to ensure that Eldercare is being provided in accordance with current policies, procedures, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure that communication is accurate and timely throughout the day and during the week so everyone has the information they need to be successful.
- Sharing your unique skill set to help others grow.
- Collaborating with the neighborhood care partner team to create a home where people are safe, respected, and comfortable.
- Helping people become well-known in the neighborhood.
- Actively participate in neighborhood Learning Circles, meetings, and events.
- Awareness and understanding of the well-being Strategies for this organization
- Provide timely feedback, data and education to other care partners to ensure that Eldercare is being provided in accordance with current policies, procedures, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure that communication is accurate and timely throughout the day and during the week so everyone has the information they need to be successful
Other actions to help build strong working relationships with your care partner team.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be available to work overtime if needed.
- Be respectful of all care partners, residents, and families you interact with and honor the Service Behaviors established by Exempla Healthcare.
- Follow Exempla Colorado Lutheran Home’s dress code policy.
- Be in compliance with the drug and alcohol policy as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Be will to accept feedback and supervision and work well with others.
- Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate on assigned tasks.
Minimum Qualifications High School Diploma or GED Two years of accounting experience, especially AR.
Must be able to move freely about, lift, lower, push, or carry greater than 50 pounds, stoop, kneel, and reach. You must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in an understandable manner. You need to be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately, so that the requirements of the position can be fully met. You may experience possible exposure to conditions normally expected of Eldercare areas, such as unpleasant sights, odors, and difficult interpersonal situations. There are stresses associated with working in a long-term care environment. Examples of these stresses include, but are not limited to, shift rotation, weekend, and holiday duty, unusual or impaired behaviors by Elders, family reactions to having a loved one in the home, death and dying, oversight of State surveyors, Ombudsman and Federal officials, presence of consultants and Attorneys, and variable involvement of medical staff.
Animals and plants make their home in our community
Children are frequent visitors to our community
Previous Data entry experience, customer service and office experience. Detail oriented organization skills, and accuracy.
At Exempla we believe our patients deserve nothing but our very best. If excellence inspires you and belonging motivates you, we welcome you to join us. We are Exempla Healthcare!
Exempla Healthcare - 10 months ago