POSITION SUMMARY: Billing Manager responsible for the management and reconciliation of major customer accounts as it relates to electronic billing in customer systems and reconciliation to Mistras internal accounting system. Expected to be the billing expert for Mistras and will liaison with all Office/Admin personnel for training of new billing clerks, setting up and managing profiles for customer electronic systems such as ADP Open invoice, CCTS,Shell Portal, Ariba and many others and tracking of electronically invoiced items through initial entry, approval by customer and final payment.
* Review/reconcile reports of billing data entered into customer’s electronic billing system compared with information entered in IFS to ensure that all items have been captured on both sides
* Identify root methods or opportunities within each major customer system to easily allow us to identify our invoicing by a unique number in both systems i.e. job number/work order number
* Work with local lab management to determine the root cause for billing variances and identify and implement solutions.
* Assist in the training of new billing clerks at all services lab locations both in electronic systems and in IFS
Set up and maintain electronic billing user profiles for all customer electronic systems
* Review on a daily basis the progress of our electronically billed invoicing for major customers in customer electronic system from point of first data entry through review and approval and final payment to identify issues quickly which will minimize approval delays and subsequent payment delays
* Manage the billing and AR portfolios for all major refinery, chemical, nuclear and other major accounts.
* Assist Collections Representatives and Cash Posting team in identifying customer payments as needed
* Assist lab office managers in identifying and implementing best practice for billing our major customers.
* Identify shared customers with multiple locations and implement plan to make the billing processes more uniform for each lab that bills the same customer at a different plant i.e. Chevron Pascagoula, Richmond and Salt Lake
* Review AR month end accruals to determine cause/implement solutions to assist in speeding up the process of invoicing the customer
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with all Sales and Operational Staff
* Assist in analysis of quarterly allowance for doubtful accounts by identifying issues on open items over 90 days at quarter end
* Keep Senior Management informed of any root cause situations where data is not being fully captured by local lab personnel and could cause a financial loss to the company.
* Other duties as specified by this position’s supervisor/manager.
Experience: * 3 to 5 years experience a Services billing environment.
* Strong PC aptitude and skills, including intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Outlook.
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
* Strong organizational skills; must be able to multi-task, handle multiple priorities and changes in priorities with professional demeanor.
* Must be able to pro-actively problem solve to reduce time consuming reconciliation and audit processes.
* Must be able to keep up in a fast-paced, “TEAM” environment.
* Must be able to work independently to meet company AR/Billing goals
* Must be able to communicate well at all levels from local billing clerk to Senior Management
* 25% travel required
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
* Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
MISTRAS Group, Inc. - 8 months ago
Mistras Group, Inc. (Mistras) is a global provider of technology-enabled, non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions used to evaluate the...