The Building Information Modeling (BIM) Manager is responsible for the overall management, direction and implementation of McCarthy’s BIM Process within a Division or as assigned to an individual project.
• Responsible for aiding project personnel in the implementation of the BIM Program Activities on their projects through pro-active training, support and examples.
• Development and Enforcement of the Divisional BIM Program.
• Support BIM implementation opportunities in the marketing and Pre-construction phases of a Project.
• Monitor progress on designated projects and ensure deliverables are being completed on schedule.
• Provide budget estimates for BIM to teams who are pursuing new projects.
• Review project BIM Execution Plans and provide feedback to continually implement our best practices.
• Track BIM implementation on projects and offer suggestions for process improvements.
• Take part in the development of best practices and help to incorporate them into McCarthy’s KnowledgeBuilder database.
• Be aware of industry trends and how new technology is affecting our business.
• Present at applicable meetings and conferences to promote McCarthy’s BIM expertise within the industry.
• Act as lead modeler for various self-perform projects and pursuits.
• Maintain, Evaluate and Report BIM Metrics.
• Discuss BIM “lessons learned” and Verify/Confirm Concurrence.
• Degree in Construction Management or Engineering, or equivalent experience
• Specific technical expertise with BIM systems and process is required. The BIM Manager will be expected to become an internal expert and resource on the systems making up the construction of a building.
• 5 or more years experience in the construction industry, some field experience preferred
• Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, and Sketchup
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs – Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Clear understanding of construction documents
• Proven expertise in creation of construction documents
• Understanding of CPM scheduling.
• Understanding of Pre-construction services.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize, delegate tasks, and meet deadlines
• Desire and talent for training others
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner
• Some travel required
McCarthy - 13 months ago