Starting salary is between $28,000 – $35,000, commensurate with education and experience.
Main Campus (Gainesville)
If other work location
The Department of Medicine,division of Gastroenterology is seeking a Bioloigical Scientist. Under the direction of the Principal Investigator this position performs a variety of complex research experiments. These studies will involve work with mice and zebrafish to understand the role of bacteria in development of colitis and colorectal cancer. Employees will also be responsible for performing animal experiments maintaining sufficient inventory of materials and supplies and maintaining equipment for efficient laboratory performance. The employee must be able to work independently as well as with a team. A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in biological sciences or a related field is required and at least one to two years of relevant research experience. Candidates should have significant expertise in zebrafish manipulation, germ-free animal work, mucosal immunology as well as cancer related work (cellular or molecular). Technique such as Western blotting, immunohistochemical staining, cell culture and molecular biology (including DNA cloning, PCR and qRT- PCR ) is necessary.
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Health Assessment Required:
- Ability to work independently, to generate, analyze and present data
- Good interpersonal skills; able to work with others in a collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with zebrafish and mice work
- Proficiency with Western blotting, immunohistochemical staining, cell culture and molecular biology (including DNA cloning, PCR and qRT- PCR ).
- Proficiency or willing to learn basic microbiological techniques
Special instructions to applicants:
This is a time-limited position.
If you are a Florida resident claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 for consideration.
Open Until Filled:
University of Florida UFL - 10 months ago