Blood Donor Supervisor
Full-time, variable hours, rotating weekends required
Responsibilities: Supervise and direct all Unyts’ staff at blood drives to assure donor and product safety as related to whole blood collections.
- Ensures that all staff adheres to SOPs.
- Coaches and mentors staff.
- Detects and documents deviations from acceptable practices. Disciplines staff, consistent with departmental protocol, in coordination with the Operations Manger/Director of Blood Donor Services as needed to address staff non-conformance with procedures and behavioral issues.
- Works to assure a successful drive and resolves and problems that may arise in the course of a drive.
- Maintains thorough and legible documentation, according to Unyts’ SOP and regulations.
Requirements: Associates or Bachelor’s degree with 2 – 3 years previous supervisory/management experience preferred. Has worked in a medically related field and phlebotomy or IV experience necessary. Must have current CPR certification. Leadership capabilities necessary with demonstrated customer service proficiency. Must be able to work in a highly regulated and fast-paced environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Valid NYS license required.
Please visit our website at http://www.unyts.org/about/careers