Candidate must be able to serve as a Subject Matter Expert in the area of Performance and event management using BMC tools. Provide highly technical and/or specialized guidance to improve the environment, propose and implement solutions to issues in a planned timeline. Perform analyses and studies, prepare reports, and give presentations. Communicate effectively to convey information to a diverse audience.
Configure and Implement BMC Performance Manager for Servers (Patrol). Follow standardized administrative procedures for adding monitoring for servers, applications and networks. Work with Patrol Configuration Manager to configure BMC Patrol Agents. Gather requirements from customers in regards to various type of monitoring. Familiarity with BMC Event Manager/Service Impact Manager (BEM/SIM) and BPPM. Must have at least 12 years of experience with BMC products. Looking for someone who is more senior and comfortable with design.
- 12+ years experience and knowledge with Performance Management solutions such as, BMC Patrol, BMC Event Manager, webconsole, KM’s (Oracle, Apache, Weblogic. Log) and portal in a data center environment.
- 12+ years experience and knowledge with systems monitoring of broad range of systems such as IBM P Series, AIX, Dell R900, VMware, and Windows 2003-2008.
- 12+ years experience and knowledge with information systems security, operations, techniques, and standards in a Performance Management environment.
- 12+ years experience and knowledge in upgrading BMC Patrol product suite.
- 12+ years experience and knowledge experience providing lead technical support for the analysis and resolution of complex problems involving Performance Management in a mixed environment AIX, Windows, and Linux Servers.
- Design, Plan, Implement, Support and Manage all aspects of BMC Patrol Products.
- Install, Configure, Manage and Troubleshoot BMC Patrol, UNIX, Windows and BMC Performance Management products in a Client Server networked environment.
- Apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in communicating with technical staff, management, and non-technical customers.
- Perform rotational after hours (on-call) support, which might include on-site support.
- Must be familiar with Servers, Routers and Hubs.
- Must be comfortable with Windows 2003\2008 Server Administration and familiar with Unix; IBM platform, especially P595 systems platform administration. A plus if brings mainframe experience and recent systems administration experience with some or all platforms.
- Knowledge of Perl scripting is a plus. Familiar with BMC Patrol Foundation Reporting. Experience working with SNMP traps.
- Familiar with other monitoring tools such as Microsoft SCOM, CiscoWorks, Xymon, etc.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; SINGLE SCOPE BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION.
RTGX, Inc. - 30+ days ago