Job Duties & Responsibilities
- As a technical specialist on the Enterprise Event Management Team, the Systems Engineer will work BMC ProactiveNet Performance (BPPM) Event Management software and on Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the configuration, administration and general maintenance of BPPM and SCOM, including Management Packs, dashboards and reports.
- The Systems Engineer will be expected to know or learn the use of MRL (Master Rule Language) for development within BPPM.
- The Systems Engineer position will entail periodic work during off hours and weekends. 24/7 support is required for implementations and system verification after releases.
- Experience with BPPM, SCOM, or other event management or monitoring software.
- Ability to contribute to the development of the Monitoring and EM Roadmap.
- Ability to work with other groups to develop user requirements and implement them in BPPM or SCOM as appropriate.
- Previous experience as a system administrator and familiarity with a relational database and its associated reporting tool.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the value of monitoring for detecting problems and have a focus on improving service levels.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of both support and development staff.
10565 Fairfax Blvd, Suite 301 | Fairfax, VA 22030
(O) 703 372 0346 | (F) 703 478 0885
(E) Balajis@multivision.cc | www.multivision.cc
National Certified Minority Supplier (MBE)
Multivision Inc., is a global Professional IT Services firm having over 500 employees, posting an astounding growth rate of 200% over the past three years. Multivision's expertise embraces a broad range of technologies, domains and service offerings. Multivision is ranked 23rd amongst the Top 100 fastest-growing businesses in the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria-DC-VA-MD-WV region and 33rd amongst the Top 100 fastest-growing IT Services Companies in USA.