EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
- Maintains accurate records of all specimens received or sent out of the laboratory.
- Completes test request forms and enters the information into the Laboratory Information System.
- Performs specimen preparation for testing and archiving.
- Makes determinations as to acceptability of specimens, and files appropriate specimen rejection forms and revision request forms when necessary.
- Performs non-licensed testing, interprets results, and prepares reports.
- Performs quality control and quality assurance in all areas of the laboratory.
- Answers the phone and assists customers.
- Distributes laboratory reports via fax and by manual route.
- Maintains and performs laboratory services duties, including specimen receipt, distribution of reports and ordering and receipt of supplies.
- Reviews pending reports and obtains necessary documentation and information ensuring timely resolution of specimen rejections and revision request forms.
- Documents and maintains all client requests, discrepancies and complaints and provides this information to the supervisor for resolution and/or trend analysis.
- Monitors all written and electronic communication to the BMS on a regular basis.
- Maintains accurate and neat records including archive and retrieval system.
- Practices Universal Precautions.
- Ensures all OSHA, state, and federal regulatory guidelines are met as related to handling of human samples, shipping of samples to and from the laboratory facility and assisting visitors in the laboratory.
- Maintains records of all test results in the Biomedical Laboratory, distributes results, and maintains records regarding distributed information.
- Provides technical support and customer assistance.
- Performs o ther duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (list required and preferred separately)
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year clinical laboratory experience or other laboratory setting preferred.
- Experience in surgery and/or sterilization preferred
This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
- Computer literacy required
List activity requirements and percentage of time : KEY: Not at all (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%), Constant (67-100%)
Climbing: Not at all (0%) Bending: Occasional (1-33%) Kneeling/Crawling with force: Not at all (0%)
Pulling: Not at all (0%) Reaching Above Head: Occasional (1-33%) Twisting at waist: Occasional (1-33%)
Lift above shoulders: Occasional (1-33%) Lift from floor level: Occasional (1-33%)
Light work: Physically handle objects up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
Stand for 4 hours/day Sit for 7 hours/day Perform repetitive tasks/motions Have good manual dexterity
Have good eye/hand/foot coordination Hear alarms/telephone/normal voice Have Clarity of Vision
Near Acuity ( Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less) Far Acuity ( Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more) Distinguish colors
WORKING CONDITIONS: Biomedical manufacturing environment. Potential hazards include exposure to:
Hazardous chemicals: Occasional (1-33%) Blood or body fluids: Frequent (34-66%)
Extreme conditions, hot or cold: Not at all (0%) Communicable diseases: Frequent (34-66%)
Saw Blades, needles or other sharp objects: Occasional (1-33%) Unprotected heights: Not at all (0%)
Moving mechanical parts: Occasional (1-33%) Latex exposure: Frequent (34-66%)
RTI Biologics Inc. makes use of natural tissues and technologies to produce orthopedic, cardiovascular and other surgical implants that...