Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position
Costco is looking for individuals with advanced experience in the development of BPM solutions with an emphasis on IBM’s BPM suite. The position requires a blend of programming expertise coupled with a high level of Business interaction. The BPM Analyst/Developer will work closely with members of multiple functional areas as well as business representatives in order to help define, streamline, automate and monitor business processes. The ideal candidate would possess a technology background in developing business applications, an advanced competency in BPM technology, a working knowledge of BPMN, a high degree of collaborative skills, the ability to communicate effectively on many levels, and the desire to mentor others in BPM skill sets.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Work with Business staff to identify business processes, validate requirements and create UI designs.
- Collaborate with Business Process Analysts, Business Analysts, Data Stewards, Solution Architects, Service Engineers and Project Managers to develop BPM solutions to automate business processes.
- Utilize an iterative development approach and be able to play back iteration results to stakeholders in order to validate and/or refine the solution.
- Implement Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) on solutions.
- Collaborate on the implementation of technical deliverables such as processes, services, user interfaces, integrations, database queries, and web services.
- Control the flow of process execution and exception management across multiple organizational roles and systems/applications.
- Capture performance metrics to support key performance indicators as defined by the business
- Work to ensure service level agreements are defined and followed
- Assist in creating reporting/dashboard functionality for business stakeholders
- Understand BPM configuration and the interaction between BPM and its underlying applications, services, and databases in order to ensure optimal performance.
- Implement continuous process monitoring and perform regular performance tuning based on results
- Train and mentor others in the practice of BPM
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- At least 4 years experience in developing business processes using IBM BPM, Lombardi, IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition, or another major BPM product
- At least 4 years experience in describing solutions and generating (BPM) architecture artifacts
- At least 4 years experience in Process modeling using IBM Blueworks Live or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience building/developing business applications.
- At least 3 years experience in integrating an application with other applications using SOA/web services
- At least 3 years experience with a working knowledge of databases (DB2,SQL Server, Oracle etc).
- At least 2 years experience in demonstrating the ability to understand business problems and articulate a corresponding technical solution.
- At least 2 years experience in BPM administration and deployment
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate to both technical and Business audiences.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Experience with IBM Rational Tool Suite preferred.
- Experience in IT from a retail perspective a plus.
Costco Wholesale - 12 months ago
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...