Requisition ID: 70777
- Organization: OG&C
- Location: Houston, TX
The Sabine Pass LNG project is a 2 Train Liquefied Natural Gas Facility that will be constructed at the Sabine Pass LNG terminal which is located on 853 acres of land along the Sabine Pass River on the border between Texas and Louisiana, in Cameron Parish, Louisiana.
The project is employing a stick built approach to its execution which will require the tracking of many thousands of components and will require heavy usage of BPS for the LAV module. The BPS candidate needs to be very familiar with the LAV and the necessary data imports to keep the LAV current and relevant as a construction planning tool
Analyzes and resolves operational problems, taking corrective action as necessary. Provides advice to users on correct software usage. Performs administrative duties of moderate complexity, which entail knowledge of, and adherence to, established procedures.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to the Materials Manager for day to day direction
- Receives Project operational supervision and direction from the Procurement Systems Supervisor in Houston.
- Receives functional direction from the Procurement Systems Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Maintains active contact with the applications user community.
- Coordinates support and technical issues with the Procurement Systems Supervisor and where necessary with the Corporate Procurement Systems group.
Operates and assists in running the BPS Procurement Systems application suite. Assists in data input duties to maintain consistency in project Material Management information. Performs administrative duties, which entail knowledge of, and adherence to, established procedures and Bechtel work processes.
- Provides advice to users on correct interpretation of source documents
- Conduct training classes for new data entry personnel in the use of BPS Material Management applications
- Identify deficiencies in source documentation and ensure corrections / clarifications are made prior to data entry
- Coordinates data input requirements in an accurate and timely manner
- Has knowledge of Material management processes
- Has extensive working knowledge of the proprietary materials management system BPS
- Will build and execute SQL queries and views for project initiatives
- Work with a Semi-Normalized Oracle based database in daily operations
Intermediate skills in the following areas:
BPS – Receiving: Reports, data entry and maintenance
BPS – Issuing: Reports, data entry and maintenance
BPS – LAV: Setup, configuration, package maintenance, release generation, Mwr generation, stock code lead-time maintenance.
BPS – Drawing Log: Create and maintain MTO’s, stock Code creation, package setup and maintenance, ROS date maintenance.
BPS - Field Purchasing: Bid, Award functionality
BPS – Expediting: Data entry and maintenance
Excel – 2003: Spread sheet maintenance and data manipulation
Access – 2003: Report, Application and custom query development
SQL – Moderate level of SQL knowledge
Database Systems – Has worked with Database based systems before, with preference going towards Oracle or SQL Server systems
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...