The BSA QC & Testing Analyst will be responsible for performing assessments of various products, services and areas of the bank in order to recognize and document applicable BSA/AML risks. This position will use analytical methods to identify potential risks and provide recommendations for process improvements. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day administration and up-keep of the bank’s BSA/AML risk assessments and management reports as well as organizing and updating the BSA department’s policies and procedures. The BSA QC & Testing Analyst will assist the BSA Officer in preparing for and administering regulatory examinations and internal audits.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITES
1. Monitor for, identify and evaluate BSA/AML and OFAC risk in multiple areas of the bank.
2. Assist in collecting, compiling, and analyzing data to support the bank’s BSA/AML risk assessments.
3. Perform ongoing BSA/AML assessments, including risk assessments, identifying and defining BSA/AML issues, conducting interviews, documenting processes, transaction testing, preparing work papers and documenting conclusions.
4. Assist in the evaluation of the adequacy of BSA/AML related controls for the bank’s processes and document the results of the review.
5. Demonstrate the ability to utilize analytical methods to see potential anomalies in data or potential areas for process improvement.
6. Review and apply bank policy to actual activities performed by bank employees.
7. Evaluate BSA/AML controls for effectiveness and test to determine whether or not controls are functioning as intended.
8. Manage, organize and maintain the department’s BSA/AML and OFAC policies and procedures.
9. Perform testing of new products/processes to ensure compliance and document risk
10. Maintain and update various management reports
11. Manage internal audit and regulatory exam processes for the BSA/AML team by acting as the primary liaison, compiling documentation, coordinating management responses, tracking due dates, etc.
12. Recommend controls and/or improvements to enhance the bank’s BSA/AML compliance program.
13. Other duties and tasks as assigned
1. Bachelor’s Degree required
2. CFE or ACAMs certification preferred
3. Minimum of 3-5 years banking/audit experience specifically working with the BSA/AML and OFAC regulatory requirements
4. Strong analytical skills required - ability to problem solve, review and analyze data, locate its source, effectively assess risk, identify root cause of issues and identify operational efficiencies
5. Strong understanding of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti Money Laundering (AML) laws, regulations, and guidance as well as the desire to keep up with changes in a complex environment
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills
7. Proactive and self-starting
8. Strong project management skills
9. Must possess a high level of initiative, inquisition and creativity
10. Strong work ethic, independent initiative, and interpersonal skills
11. Detail and quality oriented
12. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and other business units
13. Ability to complete assignments with little supervision and while adhering to time budget and deadlines.
14. Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems
15. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, etc
MidFirst Bank occupies a rare position within the banking industry. We are one of the largest privately owned banks in the United States and...