Responsible for operating the Base Service Center. Responsibilities include logistics, budget preparation and control, personnel management, scheduling activities, facility maintenance, sales and marketing.
JOB FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Address customer concerns and complaints.
• Establish and implement marketing program to improve and increase customer satisfaction.
• Make appropriate sales calls on existing customers and prospective customers.
• Coordinate all personnel actions with the Lighthouse administration.
• Prepare work schedules and assignments for employees at the base store.
• Delegate tasks and direct employees.
• Track, inventory, and bar code using the point of sale system.
• Ensure adherence with Essentially-The Same (ETS) compliance policies.
• Maintain control of inventory (in receipt, storage, and shelf stocking).
• Coordinate receipt, storage, and distribution of supplies, materials and equipment.
• Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Ensure quantities of goods received are correct.
• Supervise all physical inventory activities.
• Take monthly inventory and reconcile results with paper inventory. Investigate discrepancies and report un-reconciled items.
• Assist in selection of new employees.
• Train new employees and provide an orientation.
• Perform minor repairs to store equipment. Initiate service calls, when necessary.
• Assume additional responsibilities, perform additional duties, and complete special projects as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Three to five years experience: managing and operating point of sale system, shipping and receiving, marketing, sales and customer service.
• Two years experience in a supervisory position.
• Two years experience with military and/ or supply stores preferred.
• Knowledge of retail store operations, management, supervision, and logistics.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, including communicating and working with the disabled and military agencies.
• Ability to use point of sale system for inventory management.
• Knowledge of basic math and computation.
• Knowledge of military procedures and policies.
• Knowledge of Federal Supply System, including nomenclature and numbering systems.
• Ability to speak and write English.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be able to report to workstation without assistance.
• Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to conduct repetitive motions on a daily basis.
• Customer Service
• Sales Calls
• Inventory tracking
• Essentially - The – Same compliance policies
• Store procedures
• Inventory control
• Receipt, storage and distribution of supplies
TRAVEL : Approximately 5 percent.
SALARY : Commensurate with experience
This job description does not imply these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operations of the Division/Department upon request by his/her supervisor
Please apply on our website at www.salighthouse.org/jobs
SAN ANTONIO LIGHTHOUSE, A NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION, IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind - 18 months ago