BSC PURCHASING MANAGER
Coordinates workflow and scheduling of BSC Purchasing Coordinators to ensure all necessary activities are completed to create purchase orders for the procurement of materials for the Lighthouse Base Service Centers (BSC’s).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Negotiate product costs and terms with vendors.
· Have procedures for dealing with vendors not meeting our quality standards and other vendor performance criteria.
· Ensures that workload is distributed to accomplish objectives.
· Acts as first line approval for all time off and work schedule variations.
· Ensures that all BSC Purchasing Coordinators are cross-trained on all functions including confirming pricing and delivery for purchased items, obtaining quotes for new or existing items, following up with vendors to improve delivery dates, reporting as required, filing, participating in physical inventories and completing special projects as assigned. Also assumes all EDI vendors within purchasing group.
· Provides input into performance evaluations of BSC Purchasing Coordinators.
· Recommends and/or implement changes in daily purchasing processes.
· Ensures EDI process is completed each day.
· Increase margins through vendor consolidation.
· Increase or generate rebate incentive programs.
· Develop sourcing program for BSC’s and implement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, across diverse groups of people at all levels.
· Possesses good basis computer skills (creates/modifies spreadsheets and/or word documents) and understands and works comfortably with job-specific software.
· Operates standard office equipment, including faxes, copiers, telephones, calculators, etc.
· Possesses good math skills.
· Understanding of government procurement procedures required
· Strong organizational and negotiating skills needed
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Some college preferred.
· 1-2 years basic supervisory experience (3-8 subordinates).
· 2-5 years experience in purchasing, customer service and/or accounting.
· Ability to speak English.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
· Must be able to report to workstation without assistance.
· Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to conduct repetitive motions on a daily basis.
TRAVEL: Approximately -5- percent.
SALARY: $45,000 DOE
This job description does not imply these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operations of the Division/Department upon request by his/her supervisor.
Please apply on our website at www.salighthouse.org/jobs
SAN ANTONIO LIGHTHOUSE, A NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION, IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER .
San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind - 18 months ago