The position is the primary point person responsible for coordinating and providing support for key Business Technology division-wide administration activities. This includes ownership of items related to divisional metrics/scorecard, training programs, content and communications, status/reporting, yearly calendar/planning activities, team meetings/events, recognitions programs and selective project work.
• Develops and distributes Divisional scorecards and dashboards through collection, analysis, and input of operational metrics data.
• The formation of the appropriate “updates”, especially those that are not meeting goal; and the formation of trending graphs related to scorecard items.
• Advises BT departments on opportunities for implementing consistency and standardization of metric identification, collection techniques and process improvement.
• Submits monthly Business Technology Scorecard to HPLT
Training Competency Program Management:
• Monitors IT Training budget, request plans from budget owners, and recommends options for budget allocations
• Collaborates with managers and senior leaders regarding training and skill transformation
• Manages relationship as a liaison between IT department and both internal and external training resources to establish appropriate methods and costs of training given.
• Administers membership with affiliated CBT training association(s), reviews requests from staff regarding course availability, applicability and financing.
• Collaborates with corporate training department to ensure proper communication, lack of redundancy, and requirements dependency each department has on the other.
• Accountable for maintaining close and effective relationships with Application Development, Software Quality, Functional Business Process Mangers, Systems Operations, Security and Architecture groups and staying informed of their informational and operational needs.
• Manages vendor contracts including but not limited to RFP’s, contracting vendors, full execution of contract process and continuous evaluation of vendor.
• Works with Vendors on cost effective voucher purchases and assures training is useful and available just in time to the division.
• Produces communications on a monthly basis for on-line training programs and reading resources available for division usage
• Coordinates topics and schedules for the monthly IT Training and Education series.
• Proactively identifies potential training needs for upcoming year with management based on the strategies upcoming in the division
• Researches industry for advances in training, education, and effective use of training budget.
• Facilitates obtaining presenters of interest, resolves gaps in schedule, surveys and evaluates staff on program effectiveness, evaluates tools to effectively support the program and recognizes supporters of the program.
• Assists with ensuring the necessary training is arranged for the BT organization and has been accomplished prior to need using evaluation tools and metrics.
• Identifies the applicable Roles/Skills (RS) IT staff will require for using defined software tools.
Communications and Reporting:
• Accountable for development and coordination of all Divisional Communications Functions related to the Project Planning and Budgeting processes, and all training plans and HR/Compliance processes.
• Defines and implements a regularly scheduled divisional communications structure and makes ad hoc changes related to organizational changes, divisional updates, and corporate initiatives.
• Ensures division-wide consistency in messaging methods and content.
• Monitors, defines appropriate content for, and updates all Wiki and Fingertips pages related to Business Technologies.
• Creates and tracks Pulse Survey progress and results for the division
• Facilitates post-Divisional meeting discussions and resulting focus groups
• Produces weekly Divisional Status Report process (commonly referred to as the “Heads Up List”) including:
o The collection and analysis of appropriate content from departmental representatives.
o The modification and “packaging” of content in the form of a draft to be reviewed by the Business Technology management team.
o The production and distribution of the final copy (and associated summary copy) for appropriate distribution to HPLT and business units.
Ad hoc administrative tasks:
• Develops plans, owns, and coordinates Divisional calendar and any related changes to same.
• Maintains all Divisional Organization Charts.
• Coordinates all Divisional meetings and events
• Develops Divisional recognition programs
o Implements and ensures consistence in applying the Quarterly Top Performer Program
o Coordinates Celebrate U and all other ad hoc recognition programs
• Administrative tasks associated with selected projects (as assigned)
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of operations analysis required.
• Outstanding communications skills (both verbal and written)
• Demonstrated proficiency and expertise in Office Automation software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Strong organization skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently in a large matrixed environment
• Act professionally at all times and encourages professional standards among colleagues.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 12 months ago