The Finance and Grants Solutions Specialist, Financial Management Capacity Building will serve as part of the financial management systems team as both a subject matter expert, business analyst and trainer. He/she will work closely with the Shared Service Center (SSC), regions and business units (BU) to strengthen their financial management capacity and performance through developing and implementing training programs to improve the understanding and use of PeopleSoft and other financial applications worldwide. The incumbent will focus on providing assistance to BUs and SSC staff in basic as well as advanced financial requirements and operational efficiency and effectiveness in the use of PeopleSoft application.
On an ongoing basis, the senior specialist and trainer will also play a critical role in assessing the performance of BUs and help troubleshoot to resolve issues and improve processes in BUs. This includes significant amount of traveling to BUs and work onsite to help BUs that are experiencing challenges in utilizing existing Pamodzi application and processes to provide needed information for decision making.
The specialist will continuously monitor BU operations and how systems are used in support of their operations. He/she will serve as a subject matter expert on multiple modules and be an integral part of the team to develop and test solutions, tools and upgrades, and transfer knowledge to users and other members of the team and provides front line user support on functional issues in his/her areas of expertise.
The specialsit/trainer should be a highly motivated and self-starter individual with a strong background in training and capacity building, PeopleSoft application, finance and accounting, analytical skills, have the ability to connect details with the bigger picture and handle multiple assignments while working under time pressure.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assess skill gaps, develop and deliver training and capacity building services to strengthen the use of PeopleSoft and other applications to improve financial management
- Troubleshooting and Onsite Support to Business Units
- Development of Training materials, User manuals, Policy and Procedures and management tools to improve BU operations
- Financial Reports development, Systems upgrades and testing and support to new initiatives
- Other Tasks and Special assignment may be required from time to time
- 8+ years relevant experience in non-profit finance and accounting
- Experience assisting both finance and non-finance staff in improving their understanding of how to use financial software and tools for ongoing financial management purposes
- Extensive experience in working with financial management software
- Advanced knowledge of automated systems testing procedures, data conversion and analyses;
- Significant multicultural/international leadership experience
- Thorough understanding of CARE’s core business
- Ability to work with a large and complex set of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong fundamentals in finance and accounting and thorough understanding of financial accounting, reporting and grants/contract management processes in non-profit environment.
- In depth knowledge in processes and implementation of multiple PeopleSoft modules used by CARE and how the overall system works in an integrated fashion.
- Strong facilitation skills to conduct training sessions for small, medium and large sized groups;
- Proven skills in problem identification, isolation and resolution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly communicate priorities to the function and the rest of the organization
- Ability to positively manage relationships at a distance, particularly with CARE International’s headquarters offices, regional management offices, and country offices
- Good knowledge of policies, regulations and cultures of CARE.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on teams, work at detailed level and understand the larger picture
Care.org - 5 months ago