Business Development Division leads the Agency's effort to provide direct assistance to business owners throughout the five boroughs. Key programs include 7 NYC Business Solutions Centers, 8 Industrial Providers, Business Recovery Team, and Business Incentives Unit. Capacity Building Services includes education programming with partners like Kauffman Foundation, New York University, Columbia and Compete-to-Win services to support Minority and Women Enterprises (M/WBE).
The Business Analyst will lead the effort to coordinate across multiple programs to ensure consistency in performance, data management, and funding compliance. In addition, the position will be the Division’s point-of-contact to collaborate on new projects and system enhancement projects that intersects with the Agency’s Strategic Planning/Operations and Technology Units. The role will be analytical and operational and will work with leadership to proactively identify and problem-solve issues that impacts efficiency and service delivery outcomes for small businesses. The ideal candidate is passionate about enabling transformation within government, enjoys interacting with a wide array of stakeholders, and has an interest in operations consulting or driving success through technological and operational improvements. The Business Analyst reports to the Assistant Commissioner of the division.
1. Performance Management
• Identify and understand metrics that will be used to measure and report out on the Division’s performance and progress.
• Draft critical reports that communicate Division’s programs’ performance.
• Pull division’s data to report out on program progress to stakeholders.
• Work with unit leadership to ensure reporting tools are developed and regularly utilized to report out division’s program outcomes.
2. Knowledge Management
• Design and maintain system/tools to ensure that all units within the division have clearly documented standard operating procedures, technical documents, and user manuals.
3. Compliance Monitoring & Validation
• Work with leadership of each unit to ensure that all funding compliance standards are documented
• Develop systems to enable program teams to successfully validate outcomes
• Communicate validation issues to Division and Agency leadership
4. Project Management
• Support the development, management and implementation of large-scale projects that have division-wide impact ;
• Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, timeline, etc.
• Assist in the establishment and adherence to project timeline and identification of resources required for successful implementation of initiatives.
5. Process Redesign / Operational Strategy / Improvement:
• Assist in the business analyses used to develop strategies and operational improvements that will increase the scalability and efficiency of processes within the Division and increase program performance.
6. System Building
• Support the engagement of stakeholders to identify technology needs;
• Gather and document business requirements for enhancements to existing systems and new applications; prioritize and communicate business needs to the Technology unit;
• Support the successful rollout of new technologies, including the development of testing and training plans and materials.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
2. High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in "1" above.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Excellent strategic thinking, operations, quantitative/qualitative skills and problem solving.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Strong ability to work across multiple teams.
• Interest in project management, business process reengineering and change management.
• Ability to gather and synthesize information from a wide variety of people and sources and communicate it effectively to senior staff and decision makers.
• Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and presentation skills.
• Experience with CRM, HTML, and Microsoft Access, Project and Visio are pluses.
To apply for this position, please ALSO email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line: Business Analyst to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
NOTE: Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.