This is a position for a business consultant with experience developing and implementing innovative strategies. The candidate will work within an established and structured consulting team, responsible for driving team execution and conceptualizing complex business problems and developing strategic deliverables, with a focus on process mapping and translating business objectives into actionable plans. This position requires excellent analytical, presentation, and writing skills to effectively communicate with senior leadership.
The position will be client-facing and include daily interactions with a client and broader user and development community, providing program management support for multiple applications that help researchers manage, track, and locate biospecimens.
- Lead Sr. Leadership through the planning and implementation of a functional realignment of the organization.
- Reorganize the client organization from technically focused groups into flexible work teams that provide solutions.
- Develop a customer relationship management program
- Develop a set of recommendations about how to empower staff to solve problems and improve the computing environment
- Assist Sr. Leadership in their efforts to demonstrate measurable improvements in service levels
- Perform analysis and make recommendations for organizational design, business process reengineering, etc.
- Lead projects working independently and directly with Sr. leadership
- Work with user communities to gather feedback on current operations and requirements for new processes
- Provide project management support to project/program leadership by helping to manage issues, client requests, scope, and re-planning efforts
- Work closely with project leadership to plan and track application modernization, enhancement, and operations and maintenance capabilities
- Support client meetings and checkpoints
- Draft client communications, such as status reports and meeting minutes
- Review, document and assess client operations
- Interface with senior executives
- Mentor junior team members
· Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
· Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance
- 10+ years business consulting and/or project management experience, preferably in a client-service organization
- Experience in client-facing situations and dealing with situations that require scope, cost, and schedule management
- Experience in facilitating large diverse groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to clearly and openly communicate with a client on a daily basis as well as the ability to create and deliver clear, powerful and concise presentations/proposals
- Ability to plan and manage time and resources, establish priorities and meet goals
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and MS Project
- Knowledge of and/or experience in software development preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree required from College or University, scientific degree preferred
About Sapient Government Services
Sapient Government Services, a division of Sapient, is a leading provider of consulting, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role, which include hearing, speaking, typing, and occasionally moving and/or lifting up to 15 pounds.
Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Sapient - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard