General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an SOF (Special Operations Forces) Business Development Manager to work at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in the Washington, D.C. office. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Development and is responsible for managing all phases of business development activities to support SOF (Special Operations Forces) programs, interfacing with potential and current customers across the Department of Defense
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Participate with technical staff, senior program managers or Division/Group executive management in the development of and has primary responsibility for the implementation of annual and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for the program(s)/project(s).
- Represent the program(s)/ project(s) with customers, ensure technical quality and excellence are maintained; champion the development of new or expansion of existing business opportunities; and, provide leadership in attracting, developing and retaining human resources.
- Develop, coordinate and maintain Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) for DOD Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) sensor and software system programs.
- Monitor integrated schedule plans for system test, production, and delivery. Will be responsible to deploy periodically to operational locations throughout the world.
- Oversee all phases of business development activities to ensure business and financial objectives are attained.
- Manage the development of new strategic business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities.
- May consult with management in pursuing business partnerships, alliances, and joint ventures that enhance the capabilities of the organization. Identify markets, licensing opportunities, and determine the feasibility of product development.
- Assess potential business opportunities through activities such as market and economic analysis, monitoring competitive activity and identifying customer needs.
- Manage and influence the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s).
- Consult with executive management to develop and implement current, annual and long-term schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for the unit(s) and participate in the development of Group/Company objectives.
- Act as the primary contact for business development activities. May lead progress review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance and to disseminate information on a continuous basis to all pertinent parties concerning the fulfillment of project goals and objectives.
- Manage the development of and adherence to master plan(s), milestones, and schedules for the organization.
- Identify business development issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specifications.
- Ensure business leadership and excellence is maintained by managing and participating in the planning, attraction, selection, ret
General Atomics - 9 months ago